|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers May 11, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #6
Z-17-01 - Mark/Mullis/SR 70 Storage Xpress Rezone - 20170014 - Quasi-Judicial - Barney Salmon, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Barney Salmon, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6902
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-17-01, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Rachel Layton – ZNS Engineering, agent for the owner(s), William J Mullis, Trustee of the William J. Mullis Revocable Trust; William J. Mullis, Co-Trustee, of the Doug A. Mark Trust Agreement; Nita Joy Mark, Co-Trustee, of the Doug A. Mark Trust Agreement; Nita Joy Mark; James J. Heagerty, Jr., is requesting approval of a Rezone for approximately 3.95 acres of land located on the south side of 53rd Avenue West; approximately 700 feet east of the intersection of US41 and 53rd Avenue East.
• The site consists of three parcels with 3 zoning districts; PRM(Professional Medium), PDC (Planned Development Commercial), RDD-6 (Residential Duplex) with a request for the 3 parcels to be rezoned to GC (General Commercial).
• The entire site is within the ROR (Retail/Office/Residential Future Land Use Category.
• The site consists of 3 single family homes that were constructed in the 1950’s.
• A straight rezone can’t condition uses and design standards
• The site is located on an arterial.
• The closest residence is over 1,200 feet to the south.
• Staff is recommends Approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2017-0205 by email on April 17, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - SR 70 Xpress Storage - Z-17-01.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Maps and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Boundary Survey.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Environmental Site Review.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf