|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers May 11, 2017 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #3
PA-16-07/Ordinance 17-01 - Centerstone of Florida, LLC/Centerstone (Small Scale Map Amendment) - DTS20160455 - MEPS612 - Legislative - Rossina Leider, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Plan Amendment PA-16-07, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• Mrs. Katie LaBarr, AICP, with Stantec Consulting Services Inc., and Mr. Alan Prather, Esquire, with Porges, Hamlin, Knowles & Hawk, P.A., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Small Scale Map Amendment from the existing future land use category of RES-6 (Residential-6) to P/SP-2 (Public/Semi-Public 2).
• The Plan Amendment site contains approximately ±6.86 acres located on the north side of 30th Avenue East, approximately 600 feet east of US 301, at 1955 30th Avenue East.
• The RES-6 (Residential – 6) future land use designation was impressed on several parcels along 30th Avenue East and 26th Avenue East with the adoption of the 1989 Comprehensive Plan, with the exception of the adjacent parcel to the north of the site that was designated P/SP-2 (Public/Semi-Public 2) [Centerstone of Florida (f.k.a Manatee Glens)]. The current FLUC designation of the site has remained unchanged in the subsequent years.
• The applicant has also submitted an application [PDPI-16-19(Z)(G)] to rezone the property from RSF-4.5 (Residential Single-Family - 4.5 dwelling units per acre) to the PDPI (Planned Development Public Interest) zoning district, as well as a General Development Plan (GDP) that includes the subject parcel and the adjacent property to the north in which the existing Centerstone facility is located (16.48 acres total project area). The rezone and GDP request is subject to this plan amendment being adopted by the Board of County Commissioners and becoming effective.
• The proposed future land use amendment (Public/Semi-Public 2) is consistent with the adjacent future land use to the north (Centerstone of Florida) and its logical extension along a collector roadway (30th Avenue East) which should provide access to the site.
• There is a need for expansion of the existing behavioral health hospital facility in order to continue to serve Manatee County and Southwest Florida in an effective manner, specially to attend psychiatric illnesses and response to drug addiction problems that are affecting the area (per the Medical Examiner’s Report on Drug related Death for 2015).
• The area is served by utilities and other services including fire and public safety, as well roadway network.
• It appears that there are not native habitat nor endangered species within the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0215 on April 14, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Centerstone of Florida - PA-16-07 - Ord. 17-01.pdf
Attachment: 2 - Maps - Aerials.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf