|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers March 9, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-15-21(Z)(G) - Novimo Constructors, Inc./Novimo Rezone - DTS20150376 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Stephanie Moreland, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-21(Z)(G); APPROVAL of the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1, B.1, and C.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) in the Coastal Evacuation Area (CEA) Overlay District; 2) in the Coastal High Hazard Area (CHHA) Overlay District; 3) utilizing a septic tank system for wastewater disposals in the North County Wastewater Service Area; ADOPTION of the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANTING Specific Approval for an alternative to Land Development Code Section 1001.6.A.1.b (no sidewalks), as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Frank LaBrecque, owner, requests a rezone of approximately 1.16± acres from NC-M (Neighborhood Commercial-Medium) zoning district to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and approval of a General Development Plan to allow one lot for a single-family detached residence.
• The site is in the I-275 Entranceway Corridor and has frontage on the west side of Center Road and south side of Terra Ceia Road, commonly known as 1891 Center Road, Palmetto (Manatee County).
• The 2020 Manatee County Comprehensive Plan designates the site as RES-1 on the Future Land Use Map. Suburban or urban residential uses are listed in the range of potential uses for consideration. PDR is consistent with the RES-1 FLUC (Policy 18.104.22.168.2).
• Special Approval is required because the site is in the CEA (Coastal Evacuation Area) Overlay District, CHHA (Coastal High Hazard Overlay District) and for the alternative use of an individual septic tank system for sewage disposal, thereby, not connecting the public sanitary sewer system in the North County Wastewater Service Area.
• The site is in the HR (Historical Resources Overlay Districts). There are no known archaeological resources on the site. The Madira Bickel Mound State Archaeological Site is approximately 1.06 miles away. The existing building (constructed in 1912- Bank of Terra Ceia now Terra Ceia Post office) on the remaining adjacent site is listed on the Florida Master Site File where it can be recommended as an important historical building. It is not yet listed on the National Registry of Historic Places (NRHP).
• The project is in Flood zone AE with a Base Flood Elevation of 8’ NAVD1988 per FIRM Panel 12081C0154E, effective 3/17/14.
• The site has no wetlands.
• The General Development Plan shows the lot will gain access from two driveways: one connecting Center Road, and the other connecting Terra Ceia Road.
• To maintain the rural village characteristics of Terra Ceia, staff recommends Specific Approval to not require sidewalks along Center Road and Terra Ceia Road, now or in the future.
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0050 on February 7, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Novimo Constructors Inc-Novimo Rezone PDR-15-21(Z)(G) .pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Maps Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - General Development Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Special approval and special approval letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Zoning disclosure affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - letter of exemption from Public Safety for Hurricane Evac Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf