|March 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #58
Historical Commission Appointments
Contact and/or Presenter Information
LaWanda Timmons, Human Services Analyst, x 3678
Allen Donahue, Human Services Program Manager, x 3467
Confirmation and appointment of three members (Georgia Brown, Andrea Knies, and Bill Howard) to the Manatee County Historical Commission as nominated by the Manatee County Historical Commission.
Ordinance 82-15, establishing the Historical Commission.
- Pursuant to Ordinance 82-15, which established the Historical Commission, members shall be nominated by the Historical Commission and confirmed and appointed by the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BCC). The purpose of the Historical Commission is to collect, read, and preserve historical material related to Manatee County.
- A nominating committee of the Historical Commission made the following recommendations which were approved by the Historical Commission: Georgia Brown, Andrea Knies, and Bill Howard.
- The nominating committee considers persons active within the commission, and there is no formal application process for membership on the commission. The Historical Commission has not received any other application or inquiries.
- The term of office for Georgia Brown, Andrea Knies, and Bill Howard is January 1, 2017, through December 31, 2020, in Seats 1, 2, and 3. Summary information is attached in the Attachments listed below.
- Ongoing member, Hinning Bolanos (seat 7) submitted a correspondence letter of resignation from the Manatee County Historical Commission board as Chairman dated October 28, 2016. Correspondence letter of resignation is attached in the Attachments listed below.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Manatee County Historical Commission Appointments.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 82-15.pdf