|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 7, 2013|
Agenda Item #7
LDA-09-03(R2)-Second Amendment to the Local Development Agreement for Silverleaf Phases 1-6-Quasi Judicial-Katie LaBarr
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6828
No action is necessary at this time. A second Public Hearing is scheduled for April 4, 2013, at which time a reommended motion with be presented.
Manatee County comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
· The request is for approval of a second amendment to an LDA for the Silverleaf subdivision which is located in Manatee County, generally located on the south side of US 301, at the northwest corner of Old Tampa Road and Chin Road.
· On June 3, 2010, this site was rezoned from General Agriculture/North Central Overlay (A/NCO) to Planned Development Residential, retaining the North Central Overlay. A Preliminary Site Plan was approved for 713 single-family residential lots.
· At the same hearing, a Local Development Agreement was approved, providing for the dedication of right-of-way, Proportionate Fair Share Mitigation for concurrency impacts, and an extended CLOS. To date, a CLOS has not yet been issued for this project.
· On March 13, 2012, the Board of County Commissioners approved the first amendment to the LDA, providing for a CLOS expiration date of eight years from the date of issuance for public facilities and services, including transportation, recreation/open space, solid waste and stormwater. The CLOS approval will not extend beyond June 10, 2023. The applicant also revised the language to reference the General Development Plan.
· On February 7, 2013, the applicant submitted a revised General Development Plan to add single family semi-detached units to the range of dwelling units permitted for this project.
· At the advice of the County Attorney’s Office, staff requested the applicant revise the LDA to be consistent with the revised General Development Plan.
· The revisions to the GDP are currently under review and staff will present that request at the April 4 BOCC hearing with the second required hearing for this LDA.
· In accordance with state law and Section 510.9.2.2.1 of the LDC, the County is authorized to issue a CLOS for a term greater than three (3) years subject to the required public facilities and services being guaranteed in a Development Agreement.
· The original LDA and the two Amendments contain the same approved upon conditions.
· Staff recommends approval of this agreement.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Written comments available from WEC
Instructions to Board Records
No action required.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Silverleaf LDA.pdf
Attachment: First Amendment to Silverleaf LDA.pdf
Attachment: Second Amendment to Silverleaf LDA - executed.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising for 03-07-13 BOCC.pdf