|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - March 25, 2014|
Agenda Item #31
LDCT-13-04 - Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40 - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Continued from February 25, 2014 - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40, amending the Manatee County Land Development Code (Ordinance 90-01, as amended), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
• The Land Development Code requires private improvements within a subdivision to have a security bond to cover 200% of the cost of construction plus a 3% administrative fee.
• With the down turn in the economy and tighter lending regulations, developers are not able to secure such a large bond from financial institutions.
• Staff recommends the security performance for private improvements be equal to the percentage required for public improvements which is 130% of the current cost of construction.
• Staff also recommends the wetland mitigation security bond be increased from the current 115% to equal the same percent required for public/private improvements (130%). The additional percent represents the cost estimate plus the addition of potential CIP adjustments, project contingency, and indirect costs.
• The procedural requirements for installation and bonding of subdivision improvements is being removed from Section 722.3 and put back in Chapter 9 - Subdivision Standards with a new Section 910.
• On January 16, 2014, by a vote of 5 – 2, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Bower and Mr. Conerly voted nay.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Ordinance prepared by William Clague.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Ordinance 14-02 fka 13-40 Land Development Code Bond - 3-25-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 14-02 - fka 13-40 - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - 3-25-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Land Development Code Amendment Bonds - Ord. 14-02 - 3-25-14 BC.pdf