|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
PDC-16-18(Z)(P) - Arctic Palm Company/Arctic Palm Self Storage - DTS20160427 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider, Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Rossina Leider, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-16-18(Z)(P); APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.6, B.1, C.1-C.3, and D.1-D2; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding 50,000 square feet of non-residential use in the R/O/R Future Land Use Category, 2) within the Watershed Protection Evers Overlay District, and 3) within the Special Treatment Overlay District; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to the Land Development Code Sections 701.3.A.7 (Provide a variable width vehicle use area along the eastern boundary from 8 feet to 5 feet - 82 feet in length), and 701.4.17 (Allow more than the maximum permitted 40 percent of palms within the eastern buffer), as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Mark P. Barnebey, Esquire of Blalock Walters, P.A., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning from GC/WP-E/ST (General Commercial/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) to PDC/WP-E/ST (Planned Development Commercial/Watershed Protection Evers/Special Treatment Overlay Districts) zoning district and a Preliminary Site Plan for 75,203 sq. ft. of mini-warehouse space including accessory outdoor storage area.
• The 5.01± acre site is located on the north side of SR 70, approximately 950 feet west of Lorraine Road. The site is located within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) Future Land Use Categories (FLUC).
• The Preliminary Site Plan proposes:
o One building on the east portion of the site, and accessory outdoor area on the northwest of the property.
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners for a non-residential project exceeding 50,000 sq. ft. in the R/O/R FLUC, and within the Watershed Protection Evers and the Special Treatment Overlay Districts.
• The applicant requests Specific Approval for an alternative of:
o LDC Section 701.3.A.7, to provide a variable width vehicular use area buffer (eastern buffer) from 8 feet to 5 feet (82 feet in length), and
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2017-0011 on January 9, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Artic Palm Self Storage - PDC-16-18(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - PSP.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Fence Elevation.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Request for Specific Approval1222.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Traffic Impact Statement with approval letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Ordinance PDC-16-18(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Public Comment.pdf