|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers March 2, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #5
PA-16-06/Ordinance 17-14 - SMR North 70, LLC/Lakewood Centre - DTS20160419 - MEPS303 - Legislative - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-16-06, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
Florida Statutes Chapter 163, Part II
• Darenda Marvin, AICP, with Grimes, Goebel, et al, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment (300 acres) from the existing future land use category of ROR (Retail/Office/Retail) to MU (Mixed Use).
• The Plan Amendment site is part of the Lakewood Centre DRI and is located north of SR 70 East, south of Rangeland Boulevard, east of Lakewood Ranch Boulevard, and west of West Eagle Boulevard.
• The Lakewood Centre DRI was originally approved in 2008. The amendment request represents an opportunity to provide additional employment opportunities for regional residents in the areas of industrial, research and development, manufacturing and distribution.
• Roadway networks, utilities and other services exist in the area.
• No native habitat or endangered species are within the project site.
• The applicant has also submitted applications to amend the Lakewood Centre DRI Development Order and to amend the General Development Plan. These amendments will limit the industrial square footage to 250,000 square feet (the Land Use Exchange was utilized and decreased 100,000 square feet of retail uses).
• Staff recommends approval.
• On February 9, 2017, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended transmittal. Paul Rutledge abstained.
• A summary of the public comments from the February 9, 2017 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0882 on January 13, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the original signed letter for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Lakewood Center PA-16-06 2-8-2017 PC-.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 3 - BACK-UP DATA AND ANALYSIS.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - MAPS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - School District email 11-9-2016.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Transmittal Letter for DEO for Signature.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Public Comments.pdf