|Manatee County Government Center First Floor, Chambers Work Session 8:30 A.M. - Meeting 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #7
Resolution R-15-029-Public Works Standards Manuals-Legislative-Thomas Gerstenberger-Christopher Mowbray
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact and Presenter:
Public Works Stormwater Engineering Division Manager
941 708 7450 ext. 7228
Contact and Presenter:
Highway Engineering Division Manager
941 708 7450 ext. 7605
Senior Planning Technician
941 748 4501 ext. 6207
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Resolution No. 15-029.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Manatee County is in the process of updating its Land Development Code Regulations. The first phase is primarily a reorganization, updating, revising, consolidating, and better clarifying language in the Land Development Code (LDC).
• For Phase I, the first step proposed is to remove language from the LDC that is not specially land use related. The information proposed to be taken out of the LDC is considered more Public Work standards, and as such, not appropriate to be in the LDC.
• Staff recommends specific information (e.g. private/public street requirements, driveway standards, street and structure numbering, water and sewer connections, solid waste regulations, drainage requirements, etc.) be moved into a Public Works Standards Manual with three parts:
1. Utilities Standards Manual – Part 1.
2. Stormwater Management Design Manual – Part 2.
3. Highway & Traffic Standards Manual – Part 3.
• The information being removed and inserted into the Manual is not being modified at this time (only updates to departments, updates referring to technology, and to correct scrivener errors or inconsistencies is proposed at this time).
• Since the information is not changing, but rather being removed from the Land Development Code to the appropriate Manuals and being adopted by Resolution, the information remains consistent with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan.
• Staff recommends Planning Commission recommend approval of Resolution No. R-15-029 to the Board of County Commission, adopting a Manatee County Public Works Standards Manual, including parts setting forth a Utilities Design Manual, A Stormwater Management Design Manual, and a Highway and Traffic Standards Manual.
• Attached is a copy of the draft Resolution with the Manual divided into the three parts. Also attached is a listing of each section being taken out of the LDC and inserted into the appropriate parts of the Manual.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on February 19, 2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report-Resolution No. R-15-029-Public Work Manuals -03-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Index of LDC Sections To Be Put Into Manual-03-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Resolution No. R-15-029-Public Work Manuals-03-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Part 1-Utilities Standards Manual-03-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Part 2-Stormwater Management Design Manual-03-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Part 3-Highway & Traffic Standards Manual-03-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy Newspaper Advertising - Resolution R-15-029 - Public Works Manuals - Sarsota Herald Tribune - 3-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Resoltuion No. R-15-029 - Public Works Manuals - Bradenton Herald - 3-12-15 PC.pdf