|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor Patricia M. Glass Chambers June 6, 2019 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #9
PDMU-18-23(P) Morgan's Glen/Moccasin Wallow Associates, LLC (Owner) PLN1806-0074 - Quasi-Judicial - Dorothy Rainey, AICP, Senior Planner - Continued from May 2, 2019
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Dorothy Rainey, Senior Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6851
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning and Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to APPROVE Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-18-23(P); ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval of an alternative to Land Development Code Sections: 1) 403.12.D.3.k (allow a reduction to the rear yard setback for accessory structures from 15’ to 5’); 2) 403.12.D.4.a (allow a reduction to the roadway buffer for commercial uses from 50’ to 25’ in the NCO); 3) 403.12.D.6 (allow a reduction of perimeter greenbelt buffer from 20’ to 10’ along Buffalo Canal due to proposed drainage and access easement in this location); and 4) 402.7.D.7 (allow a reduction from 25’ to 23’ for front yard setback); and approval of a Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.12; B.1-B.5; C1-C.5; and D.1-D.2; as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicant, Morgan’s Glen/Moccasin Wallow Associates LLC is requesting approval of a Preliminary Site Plan on a 138.18± acre site zoned PDMU to develop it with 380 single-family detached and attached units and for up to 175,329 square feet of retail/commercial uses. The project is in the NCO (North Central Overlay).
• The site is located approximately 2/3rd of a mile west of U.S. 301, between Moccasin Wallow Road and Erie Road Parrish.
• The parcel is located in the UF-3 (Urban Fringe-3 d.u. per acre) future land use category which allows a floor area ratio (FAR) of 0.35 for non-residential uses and a gross density of 3 dwelling units per acre for residential uses.
• Surrounding uses include single-family residences (Copperstone), the future Barbara Harvey Elementary School, and state owned agricultural lands to the west, residential subdivisions to the north (across Moccasin Wallow Rd.) large lot single-family residences and agricultural uses to the east, and state owned agricultural lands and large lot single-family residences to the south.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
• On February 14, 2019, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge was absent.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the February 14, 2019 Planning Commission public hearing are in the staff report attached to this memo.
• On March 7, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to April 4, 2019. On April 4, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to May 2, 2019. On May 2, 2019 the Board of County Commissioners continued the public hearing to June 6. 2019.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matter 2019-0016 on January 16, 29 & May 30, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Morgan's Glen - PDMU-18-23(P) PLN1806-0074.pdf
Attachment: 2 - STAFF REPORT MAPS.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Preliminary Site Plan .pdf
Attachment: 4 - Landscape Plan.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Schedule of Uses Exhibit B.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Traffic Impact Analysis without app.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Environmental Narrative.pdf
Attachment: 8 - School Board Report.pdf
Attachment: 9 - Specific Approval Letter.pdf
Attachment: 10 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 11 - Ordinance PDMU-18-23(P).pdf