|Manatee County Government Administration Building 1st Floor Patricia M. Glass Chambers June 6, 2019 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #11
PA-18-09/Ordinance 19-12 fka 18-35 DBM Marina, LLC/Sarabay Development (Small Scale Map and Text Amendment) PLN1807-0001 Legislative - Margaret Tusing, Planning Section Manager
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Planning Section Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Senior Planning & Zoning Technician
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based on the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-18-09/Ordinance 19-12, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Florida Statutes, Chapter 163, Part II
• Mr. Brian Smith, ASLA, with EnSite Inc., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Small Scale Map and Text Amendment from the existing future land use categories of OL (Low Intensity Office), and RES-3 (Residential–3) to R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential).
• The Plan Amendment site contains approximately 4.37 acres and is the western portion of an ±8.81-acre property located at 7045 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota (Manatee County).
• The OL future land use designation was impressed on several parcels along this section of the US 41, as well as RES-3 and RES-6 designations to the adjacent areas to the east and west with the adoption of the 1989 Comprehensive Plan. Since then, no amendments to these designations have taken place.
• The applicant has also submitted an application [PDC-18-19(Z)(G)] to rezone the 4.37 acres property to the PDC (Planned Development Commercial) zoning district, as well a General Development Plan (GDP) that includes a maximum of 66,625 square feet of commercial space. The rezone and GDP request are subject to this plan amendment being adopted by the Board of County Commissioners and becoming effective.
• The proposed future land use amendment to R/O/R is comparable with the commercial and mixed-use trends of the Tamiami Trail corridor, consistent with the adjacent future land use to the west (across US 41), and its logical extension along this arterial roadway which should provide access to the site.
• This Plan Amendment will be adopted along with a D.5 provision limiting:
• The development condition that will be included in the associated text amendment under Policy 22.214.171.124 of the Comprehensive Plan to limit maximum density and intensity within the site reads as follows:
• The area is served by utilities and other services including fire and public safety, as well roadway network.
• It appears that there are not native habitat nor endangered species within the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On January 17, 2019, by a vote of 7 - 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the January 17, 2019 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
• During the Land Use Public Hearing on 02/07/2019, the Board of County Commissioners expressed concern relating to compatibility to adjacent residential properties to the east and recommended “continuance”, as well as requested the applicant evaluate the reduction of the area subject to the Map and Text Amendment. Originally, the application included the entire referenced ±8.81-acre parcel and proposed a maximum of 38 residential units and 134,135 sq. ft of non-residential uses (commercial/office space).
• On May 9, 2019, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval. Mr. Rutledge was absent.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2019-0192 on April 15, 2019.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to firstname.lastname@example.org for timely distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Sarabay Development PA-18-09-Ord. 19-12 PLN1807-0001..pdf
Attachment: 2 - Staff report Maps.pdf
Attachment: 3 - Legal Sketch and Desc 4.38 acres.pdf
Attachment: 4 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: 5 - Applicant Acceptance Letter of Condition D.5.13.pdf
Attachment: 6 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: 7 - Ordinance 19-12.pdf
Attachment: 8 - Public Comments.pdf