|June 6, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #29
Supplemental Agreement to Existing Local Agency Program Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation to Re-allocate Project Funding
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sia Mollanazar, P.E., Deputy Director of Engineering Services, Public Works, Ext. 7487.
Authorization by the Board of County Commissioners for the Chairperson to execute LAP Supplemental Agreement 438870-1-58-01 for the installation of the Adaptive Signal Control system at ten signalized intersections and to connect them back to the Regional Traffic Management Center using existing fiber network.
Adoption by the Board of County Commissioners and authorization for the Chairperson to execute LAP Supplemental Resolution R-17-057.
The Local Agency Program (LAP) has been created by Section 339.12, Florida Statutes, to allow local governments to perform various project functions for projects identified in the Florida Department of Transportation work program.
- A Local Agency Program (LAP) for Manatee County SR 70 Adaptive Signal Control system project was executed by the Board on June 30, 2016.
- The LAP project proposes to install an Adaptive Signal Control Technology (ASCT) system at ten signalized intersections and to connect them back to the Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) using existing fiber network. This proposed technology would support Regional Active Arterial Management by adapting, in real time, to unexpected variability and unpredictability in traffic demand, and thereby enhance safety, mobility, and reliability of the corridor.
- The project was set up as Phase 53, which was for FDOT to purchase equipment and transfer materials to Manatee County for this purpose with allocated funding under FM#: 438870-1-53-01 up to the funding amount of $790,000.
- The project was further setup as Phase 58, which was for FDOT to reimburse Manatee County for Construction services under FM#: 438870-1-58-01 up to the funding amount of $210,000.
- We have received bids for the construction of the project. The low bid received exceeds $57,190 more than the budgeted Phase 58 which was $210,000.
- FDOT has acquired the Phase 53 for the project equipment acquisition, has excess funds remaining in Phase 53, and has agreed to supplement the $57,190 shortfall of Phase 58.
- Execution of this supplemental agreement will increase the reimbursement to Manatee County for construction from the existing $210,000 to $267,190 which is the low bid amount.
- This type of FDOT LAP and Supplemental Agreement are "Form Agreements" that have been executed previously by Manatee County and therefore no recent CAO review was requested.
- The FDOT has notified County staff that if this supplemental agreement is not received by June 9, 2017, Manatee County will lose the $57,190. Loss of the additional funds will require Manatee County to fund the additional $57,190 in order for the project to be awarded to the low bid contractor.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
PLEASE RUSH. Documents must be received by FDOT by June 9, 2017.
Please return two executed original LAP Supplemental Agreements and one certified Resolution R-17-058 to Barbara Green for immediate overnight transmittal to FDOT for execution.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: LAP Supplemental _ Resolution R-17-057.pdf
Attachment: LAP Supplemental Agreement_438870-1-58-01.pdf