|Manatee County Administrative Center Commission Chambers, 1st Floor 9:00 a.m. - June 5, 2014|
Agenda Item #15
PDR-13-38(Z)(G) - Del Webb at Lakewood Ranch - DTS20130432 - MEPS00000248 - Quasi - Judicial - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6863
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-13-38(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulations A.1 - A.3, B.1 – B.3, C.1 – C.3, D.1, E.1 - E.2, F.1 – F.5, G.1, and H.1; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) located at least partially within the Watershed Overlay District (WO) [Comprehensive Plan Policy 18.104.22.168.4(a)]; and 2) for which the gross residential density exceeds one (1) dwelling unit per acre in the MU-C/R (Mixed Use – Community/Residential) Future Land Use category [Comprehensive Plan Policy 22.214.171.124.5(b)]; ADOPT the Findings for Special Approval for the above-referenced Special Approvals; GRANT Specific Approval for: 1) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 714.8.7 to allow the installation of smaller diameter trees; 2) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 715.3.4 to allow for one canopy tree per lot frontage as opposed to one canopy tree every fifty (50) feet along rights-of-way in residential developments; 3) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 603.7.4.5 allowing an alternative to the required Greenbelt Buffer; 4) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 715.3.4 relating to the requirement that no required trees be planted within the public or private utility easements; and 5) an alternative to Land Development Code Section 740.3.1. and Section 7126.96.36.199 relating to a minimum pavement width for private streets; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval for the above-referenced Specific Approvals; as recommended by Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Darenda Marvin ,Grimes Goebel Grimes Hawkins, Gladfelter & Galvano, (agent), requests approval of a rezone and a General Development Plan for 1,300 residential dwelling units for single-family detached, single family attached, and multi-family residences. The site has approximately 643.35 acres located south of S.R. 70, approximately 1 ½ miles east of the intersection with Lorraine Road and bordered on the east by Bourneside Boulevard and on the south by The Masters Avenue, and eat of Lakewood Ranch Country Club East.
• The project is planned to have private streets, with access to S.R. 70 and the future extension of The Masters Avenue. There is also an inter-neighborhood tie to the west into Country Club East. The community will contain up to three active recreational areas, and a major trail system for connectivity to the activity areas.
• The site has 52.72 ± acres of wetlands, with the only impact being to 0.24 acres to the Stream and Lake Swamp wetland to provide for an inter-neighborhood tie.
• The closest school, Willis Elementary School, exceeds the two mile limit for the provision of sidewalks on both sides of the internal roadway. The GDP does show sidewalks along one side of the internal streets, and the provision of a major trail system internal to the side.
• The following Specific Approvals were requested, either by the applicant or staff:
• In summary, the proposal provides for integration, and compatibility with surrounding land uses and eliminates the creation of isolated neighborhoods, as well as, provides reciprocal access of existing adjacent developments.
• The proposal to provide inter-neighborhood ties furthers the intent of the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan because it encourages connectivity and vehicular access between neighborhoods.
• Staff recommends APPROVAL with the recommended stipulations.
• On May 8, 2014, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public comments heard at the May 8, 2014 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on April 9, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and the letter from the Florida Department of State to Bobbi.Roy@mymanatee.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 BC .pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 PC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Request - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Alternate Street Layout - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Analysis - Del Webb - PDR-13-38(Z)(G) - 140605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Del Webb - PDR-13-38(Z)(G) - 6-5-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plans - PDR-13-38 - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - Del Webb - PDR-13-38(Z)(G) - 140605 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - PDR-13-38(Z)(G) - DelWebb - 20130432 - 140605 BC.pdf