|June 2, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #19
Florida Department of Corrections Contract W1008
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director
Authorization for the Chairman to execute Florida Department of Corrections Contract W1008 to provide Florida Department of Corrections Work Squad for the Parks & Natural Resources Department.
- With the Parks & Natural Resources Department managing and maintaining approximately 30,000 acres of conservation lands, utilizing inmate labor is a valuable resource and provides cost savings. The Hardee Correctional Institution has provided approximately 8,000 hours of inmate labor annually for use at county preserves under annual agreements executed by the Board. The assistance of inmate labor has been instrumental in accomplishing the amount of work that is required in the maintenance of our environmental preserves.
- On October 8, 2013, Work Squad Contract #WS889 between the Florida Department of Corrections and Manatee County Board of County Commissioners was approved.
- On June 17, 2014, Amendment #1 to the contract extending the contract for an additional year was approved.
- The attached Work Squad Contract W1008 replaces the current contract WS889. This contract is for three years beginning October 25, 2015, and ending October 24, 2018, with a renewal option at the County's initiative for one additional three year period under the same terms and conditions.
- Staff recommends acceptance of Work Squad Contract W1008.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return two executed original contract to Jayne Roberts, Parks & Natural Resources, for transmittal to the Florida Department of Corrections.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$57,497 - 120.0012800 Phosphate Severance Fund
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Dept of Corrections W1008.pdf