|June 2, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #30
Resolution R-15-049 Vacating a Portion of Improved right-of-way at 47th Street West, Bradenton, Florida.
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Agostinelli, Division Manager, Property Acquisition, Property Management, Extension 3021
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6284
- ADOPTION of Resolution R-15-049.
- Manatee County Land Development Code Chapter 9, Section 911.3, Public Hearing requirements for Vacation of Streets, Roads, and other Appropriate Property.
- Florida Statutes Sections 336.09 and 336.10 et seq., Closing and Abandonment of Roads.
- The applicant, IMG Academy LLC, is requesting vacation of 45,971 square feet of improved right-of-way.
- The roadway immediately South of the subject roadway was previously vacated by Resolution R-12-228.
- In its recent property exchange with IMG Academy, LLC, Manatee County acknowledged that subject road serves no public purpose and recorded an Exchange of Property Agreement on August 14, 2014.
- Jurisdictional reviews by appropriate county departments and private utility companies serving the location to be vacated have been notified of the intention to file a vacation.
- Per Public Works request, the applicant will be providing a 45,971 square foot permanent utilities easement for drainage and utility over the area requested to be vacated. This permanent utilities easement addresses the concerns noted by the Public Works Department during the Jurisdictional review process. This is being presented subsequent to the approval of the 45,971 right-of-way vacation on the consent agenda today.
- Per Public Utilities request, the applicant will be providing a communication easement for Verizon Florida, LLC, and grant of non-exclusive utility easement for Peoples Gas. These executed replacement easements be will recorded by the applicant subsequent to vacation approval.
- The vacation complies with the technical requirements of the Manatee County Land Development Code and pertinent Florida Statutes.
- This vacation is one component of a number of transactions related to dedications, construction, vacations, and easements between the property owners and the County with respect to initial development and subsequent expansion of IMG properties that represent a net benefit to Manatee County.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the applicant.
- Manatee County's application fee of $800 has been paid.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return certified copy of the resolution to Tim Cristello, Property Management Department, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida 34205.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Application and Deed.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Jurisdictional Review.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC RLS-15-061 & EMAIL.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Resolution R-15-049.pdf
Attachment: Bradenton Herald Notice and Affidavit Attesting to the Posting of Public Notice.pdf
Attachment: IMG Academy LLC Vacation Location Map.pdf