|June 17, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #46
Resolution R-14-89 Repealing/Rescinding South County CRA Advisory Board
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director
Neighborhood Services Department
Adoption of Resolution R-14-89 which repeals and rescinds Resolutions R-03-244, which created and established the South County CRA Advisory Board, and R-11-248, which amended qualifications of members, and abolishes the South County Community Redevelopment Area Advisory Board, and provides an effective date.
Florida Statute 163, Part III Community Redevelopment
Ordinance No. 02-68 South County Community Redevelopment Plan
- The South County Community Redevelopment Area (CRA)Advisory Board was established during the initial phase of the creation of the South County CRA Area.
- While not a requirement, the Advisory Board served as a group of concerned and informed business owners, citizens, and volunteers that dedicated hundreds of hours to promote economic redevelopment in the South County CRA Area.
- The Area accomplishments span 10 years and over 4.5 million dollars of Tax Increment Financing Funds spent on redevelopment projects in the area.
- The contribution of these Advisory Board members has been extremely beneficial.
- As revenue within the CRA's has diminished greatly, a plan to continue the ability to enhance economic development in the South County CRA Area is emerging.
- The Board held several work sessions earlier this year to discuss the concept of dissolving the 14th Street West and South County Community Redevelopment Areas and establishing the Southwest County Improvement District (SWTIF).
- On 01/07/14, the Board directed staff to begin the Steps of dissolving the CRA's and establishing the SWTIF.
- On 6/2/14 the Board adopted Ordinance 14-28, establishing the Southwest County Improvement District.
- A recognition ceremony for two CRA Advisory Boards is being planned in front of Board for August 12, 2014.
- Staff is requesting at this time the Board take formal action to repeal and rescind the South County CRA Advisory Board.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Staff has been working with Maureen Sikora to facilitate this action.
Instructions to Board Records
Copy of stamped approved agenda memorandum and Resolution to Cheri Coryea, Neighborhood Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: South County Resolution No. R-14-89.pdf
Attachment: Timeline Steps.pdf