|June 17, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #85
Health Care Workshops Follow-Up
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Brenda Rogers, Director, Community Services, x3489
- At the Board of County Commissioners' meeting on May 6, 2014, staff presented a request to engage the University of South Florida College of Public Health through the Manatee Chamber Foundation for the development of an actionable health care plan.
- During the discussion of this item, staff was directed to arrange for public discussions related to the community health care plan to allow the commissioners to obtain public input on the subject prior to taking any action. The discussions were focused on the direction the County should take for future healthcare issues in the community.
- Public discussion sessions were held on May 28, 2014, and June 3, 2014, at the Bradenton Area Convention Center from 6:00-8:00 PM.
- Seven topics were developed for discussion, with twenty minute rotations scheduled to allowed members of the public to participate in several group discussions. Each breakout group included a county commissioner, a facilitator, and a scribe assigned for each topic.
- The topics included the role of government in healthcare, access to care, innovation and technology, community stakeholders, the health care plan, community health priorities, and prevention.
- Members of the public were also asked to submit written comments and questions on comment cards or by email at TellUs@mymanatee.org
- All information has been collected and information which was received by June 10, 2014 was posted on the County web site.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Work Session Summary.pdf