|June 16, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #21
Agreement for the Alzheimer's Disease Initiative (ADI) Grant Funds 15/16
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Tracie Adams, Human Services Manager / ext. 3030
- Adoption of Resolution R-15-089 authorizing the acceptance of agreement ADI-15/16-MAN from the Senior Connection Center, Inc., for the Alzheimer's Disease Initiative grant program in the amount of $261,945 ($253,445 State Funds, $8,500 Client Co-Payments) for the time period July 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016.
- Adoption of Budget Resolution B-15-065 amending the annual budget for Manatee County Florida for fiscal year 2014/2015.
Florida Statute Chapter 125
- Agreement ADI-15/16-MAN will allow for the continuation of in-home respite care services to seniors in Manatee County.
- The ADI grant requires no county match.
- Approximately 30 clients will receive services under this program annually.
- Manatee County has served as Lead Agency for the ADI grant program for the past twenty-four years.
- ADI funds are designated to provide Case Management and In-Home Respite service to prevent or delay premature institutional placement of Manatee County residents aged 60 or older afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease or some other form of severe dementia.
- ADI respite services are provided by the County through a subcontract with Case Management being provided directly by the Community Services Department.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Return three originals of agreement, signed copy of Resolution R-15-089, and signed copy of Budget Resolution B-15-065 to Community Services. One original agreement will be returned to Board Records when executed by funding source.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$261,945 ($253,445 State Funds, $8,500 Client Copayments) ADI FY 15/16 1739000021
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: B-15-065 FY15-16 ADI.pdf