|July 28, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #53
Reclaimed Water Agreement with Schroeder-Manatee Ranch and Braden River Utilities
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Mike Gore, Utilities Director, ext. 5323
Approve and authorize Chairman to execute the amended agreement for Reclaimed Water with Schroeder-Manatee Ranch and Braden River Utilities.
FDEP Master Reuse Permit; Manatee County Ordinance No. 10-05; and Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Policy 18.104.22.168
- Manatee County and Schroeder-Manatee Ranch entered into an Agreement for the Delivery and Use of Reclaimed Irrigation Water on December 17, 1985.
- The original agreement with Schroeder-Manatee Ranch was entered into for the purpose of providing reclaimed water to Schroeder Manatee.
- The agreement was integral to the permitting of the Southeast Wastewater Plant as a facility with no permitted discharge to local water bodies at a time when reclaimed water use was relatively new.
- Schroeder-Manatee has formed Braden River Utility to oversee the residential/commercial landscape customers and agricultural irrigation within the development known as Lakewood Ranch.
- The proposed amendment to the original Agreement would provide 4MGD of reclaimed water to SMR/BRU in exchange for up to 4MGD of transferred Upper Floridan Aquifer groundwater credits from their Water Use Permit.
- The amended contract extends the agreement for a period of 20 years with subsequent five-year extension periods with mutual consent.
- The agreement provides for maintenance and repair of the infrastructure by Schroeder-Manatee and/or Braden River Utility.
- The agreement also provides that any reclaimed water requested and delivered in a quantity over that agreed upon will be charged at the utility rate established by the County's resolution in effect at the time.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Maureen Sikora, Assistant County Attorney, worked with staff and SMR/BRU representatives to craft the Amendment to the Agreement.
Instructions to Board Records
Please return executed documents to Amy Pilson in Utilities
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: First Amended and Restated Agreement for the Delivery and Use of Reclaimed Irrigation Water.pdf