|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Commission Chambers July 14, 2016 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #9
PDR-15-27(Z)(P) - Peace River Presbytery, Inc./The Terraces at Peridia - DTS20150423 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend APPROVAL of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-15-27(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.2, B.1, C.1-C.3, and D.1; GRANTING Special Approval for a project: 1) exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling unit per acre in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category, 2) exceeding a net density of 6 dwelling units per acre in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category, and 3) exceeding a gross density of 6 units per acre in the Res-6 Future Land Use Category for an affordable housing project that qualifies for a density bonus; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The property is approximately 8.56 acres, with an existing church, or other place of worship on site, located on the west side of Peridia Boulevard and north of SR 70.
• The site is located in the RES-6 (Residential – 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The project proposes a minimum of 25% of its units (16 units) to be designated as affordable, as such, the project is eligible to request a density bonus from the Board of County Commissioners. The applicant has requested this density bonus for the project.
• The following Special Approvals are required:
o Gross residential density exceeding 4.5 dwelling units per acre (du/ac) in the RES-6 FLUC.
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• County potable water and waste water are available by connection or extension.
• Sidewalks will be constructed on both sides of Kentucky Street and Broadway. The project provides internal sidewalks adjacent to parking areas that connect the parking areas to the apartment structures. A network of internal sidewalks are provided throughout the development tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas such as the mail kiosk.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on 1.26-acres of property and will include a clubhouse with a resort-style entry pool.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• The project will have primary access to Peridia Boulevard.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter #2016-0524 by email on June 20, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Terraces at Peridia - PDR-15-27(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Affordable Housing Letter.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Updated School Report.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Traffic Impact Statement - The Terraces at Peridia - PDR-15-27(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 7 - Request from Citizen for additional presentation time.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Maps Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerials.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 9 - Copy of Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 10 - Public Comments - Terraces at Peridia - PDR-15-27(Z)(P).pdf