|Planning Commission Manatee County Government Administration Center 1112 Manatee Avenue West 1st Floor, Commission Chambers 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #2
Z-14-01 – RANDOLPH SNELL / SNELL (DTS # 20140145)- QUASI - JUDICIAL - ROSSINA LEIDER
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501, ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-14-01, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• This is a straight rezone request for 3.00 ± acres (130,680) from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to HC (Heavy Commercial).
• The property is located east of US 41 N, approximately 380 feet north of the intersection of US 41 and 105th Street East, east of US 41 N, approximately 380 feet north of the intersection of US 41 and 105th Street East, Palmetto, and currently developed with a single-family residential unit.
• The site is within the R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) FLUC.
• The proposed HC zoning district is intended to provide areas for intense commercial and service uses which have greater external effects (i.e. noise, traffic, vibration, etc.) than those permitted in less intensive districts. The range of uses permitted includes retail sales, eating establishment, banking, hotels, office, motor vehicle repair, and industrial services, with a maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 0.25 (0.35 with Special Approval), and a maximum building size of 50,000 square feet.
• The R/O/R FLUC list retail, wholesale or office commercial uses which function in the market place as neighborhood, community, or region-serving in the range of potential uses, and exempts commercial project from commercial locational criteria requirements. The maximum FAR allows for project within the R/O/R FLUC is 0.35 and 1.0 for hotels only (Special Approval is required for projects exceeding 0.25 FAR).
• The site is located near Port Manatee; ± 1,500 feet east of the southern portion of the port zoned PDPM (Planed Development Port Manatee). The surrounding area along the US 41 has been developing with commercial and industrial uses, and most recently with port related uses, as part of the PDEZ (Planned Development – Port Encouragement Zone) zoning district that supports and encourages the Port Manatee’s development.
• The site has frontage along US 41 N classified as an Arterial roadway. Future location of access point along the US 41 N will be determined by FDOT.
• All requirements of HC zoning district and LDC provisions regarding buffering, access, parking, tree preservation, floodplain and stormwater management, etc. will be assessed with future site plan.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded via email on June 3, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Z-14-01 - Snell - 20140054 - 20140710 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Snell - Z-14-01 - 07-10-2014 PC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit - Snell - Z-14-01 - 07-10-14 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising 07-10-14 PC.pdf