|January 9, 2018 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #30
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from John W. Payne Jr. and Marilyn Y. Payne for property located at 6216 33rd Street East, Bradenton, Florida 34203; PID 1873800005
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439.
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6284.
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with John W. Payne Jr. and Marilyn Y. Payne for the purpose of the 63rd Avenue East at 33rd Street East Intersection Improvements.
- Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes. Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 5.1 addresses the safety and efficiency of forecasted vehicular demands.
- The 63rd Avenue East at 33rd Street East Intersection Improvement Project was approved in FY 2017-2021 CIP 382-6041860.
- The parcel is improved with a single-family home that is owner occupied at 6216 33rd Street East in Bradenton.
- The intersection improvement project requires a partial right-of-way acquisition of 9,183 square feet along 63rd Avenue East and 33rd Street East.
- On July 30, 2017, Appraiser Ron Saba, MAI, Hettema Saba, LLC, determined the value of the area for acquisition at $25,962.00.
- Mr. and Mrs. Payne had concerns regarding the close proximity of the proposed right-of-way needed by Public Works and the ingress/egress to their home from 33rd Street East. Property Acquisition shared these comments with Public Works. After further review it was determined that the project requires a reduced partial acquisition of 6,164 square feet. The reduced acquisition located on 63rd Avenue East will lessen the impact to the homeowner's property.
- A settlement was reached with Mr. and Mrs. Payne at the agreed contract amount of $40,000.00 for the reduced acquisition to avoid litigation fees and additional costs for this parcel.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition Division, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org.
Please email a copy of the executed contract to Anthony Russo at Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org and Johnnie Yetter at Johnnie.Yetter@mymanatee.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $40,000.00 to 382-6041860, 63rd Avenue East at 33rd Street East Intersection Improvements.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase John W. Payne Jr. and Marilyn Y. Payne.pdf
Attachment: Cost Avoidance Analysis Payne.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf