|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers January 5, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #13
Special Approval 16-01 Resolution 17-001 (related to FSP-16-65) - Our Lady of Angels Catholic Church - DTS20160609 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Resolution No. 17-001 to grant Special Approval for a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet in the RES-1 Future Land Use Category; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Timothy Dove with George F. Young Engineering is the agent representing the property owner. The request is approval of a resolution to grant special approval for a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet in the RES-1 (Residential - 1 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category on approximately 15.21 acres located on the northwest corner of State Road 70 East and White Eagle Boulevard.
• The site is zoned A with a future land use category of RES-1.
• The property is currently developed with existing church facilities of approximately 17,000 square feet. The request is to construct approximately 36,000 square feet of additional facilities for a total of approximately 53,000 square feet.
• LDC Table 3-4 Special Approval as Required by the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan requires Special Approval for non-residential projects which exceed 30,000 square feet and are located in a residential (FLU) category to be heard and decided by the Board of County Commissioners…Where Special Approval is granted by the Board through a separate review process, the granting of any other development order for such project shall occur only subsequent to the Board’s adoption of a resolution granting Special Approval for that project, and the granting of any other development order must be consistent with the Board’s Special Approval Resolution.
• This is a request for a Resolution granting Special Approval, there is no site plan being approved by the Board.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded to Matter 2016-0849 on December 13, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Our Lady of Angels Catholic Church SPECIAL APPROVAL.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 1 - SPECIAL APPROVAL SITE PLAN.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - R-17-001 - Our Lady of the Angels- 01052017 BC.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf