|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - January 28, 2014|
Agenda Item #39
Resolution R-14-15 Water and Wastewater Rates, Fees and Charges
Contact and/or Presenter Information
C. Mike Gore, Director, Utilities
Bev Chiotti, Fiscal Service Manager, Utilities
Adoption of Resolution R-14-15
Section 125.01, Florida Statutes, Chapters 153 and 159, Florida Statutes, Chapter 63-1598, Laws of Florida, as amended, Chapter 2-31, Article IV, Manatee County Code of Ordinances.
The resolution has been amended as follows:
Section 2. Security deposits (pages 3-4)
· A review of security deposits identified the need for an increase in the residential service deposit for four meter sizes. The 5/8” meter which serves the vast majority of residential customers is not proposed to change. There are no changes to master meter or commercial deposits. (Detail follows)
· Language has been simplified to allow for a security bond in lieu of cash deposits exceeding $2,000.
· The 2 inch temporary use meter is being eliminated and replaced with the 3 inch. As such, the security deposit is increased from $650 to $900 to reflect the higher size and additional water usage.
Section 6. Fire service fees and charges (page 8)
· The minimum cost to have a fire hydrant installed in county right-of-way is increased from $4,000 to $5,000. This language has not changed since 1999 and the actual cost is always above $5,000. Since the installation charge is either the minimum or actual cost, the unreasonably low minimum is not appropriate and sends a false message of the anticipated actual cost.
Section 8. Miscellaneous fees and charges (pages 10-11)
· Miscellaneous fees were evaluated historically and in comparison to neighboring communities. The fee structure is adjusted with some fees eliminated, others added and some increased to reflect updated costs and operating practices. (Detail Follows)
Section 9. Monthly retail customer base charges (page 13)
· The rate for temporary use meters now applies to a three (3) inch meter, rather than two (2) inch. The two inch meter is discontinued.
Security Deposit Detail
Miscellaneous Fees and Charges Detail
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
The County Attorney's Office wrote this Resolution.
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy to: Beverly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Utility Rates. Resolution R-14-15.pdf
Attachment: Notice of Public Hearing - Resolution R-14-15.pdf