|January 27, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #14
Prescription Benefits Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager
Community Services, x3493
Brenda Rogers, Director
Community Services, x3489
Authorization for the County Administrator to execute a non-profit agency funding agreement for the time period October 1, 2014, through September 30, 2015, with Manatee County Rural Health Services, Inc., for the Prescription Benefits Program, in an amount not to exceed $255,000.
Florida Statute #125
- On 09/18/2014, the Board of County Commissioners adopted the FY 2014/2015 budget that included funding for non-profit agencies.
- This program is not exclusive or limited to one provider, and additional agencies may be contracted to provide similar services until the RFP process is completed.
- The Prescription Benefits program is funded through General Revenue and a Community Care for the Elderly grant. Services are provided to eligible Manatee County residents age 18 and above.
- A FY 2014/2015 funding agreement is needed to provide an appropriate funding mechanism for program services and accountability.
- Payments are made as reimbursement of services provided.
- The Agreement specifies that the Agency must perform specific levels of service and submit, or make available for review, among other items, board meeting minutes, proof of insurance, and an audit or other financial review.
- Special conditions in the agreement provide for additional program specific contractual obligations.
- Funded agencies are visited by Community Services Department staff during the contract year, with monthly or quarterly desk reviews also conducted.
- New programs are being explored to reduce costs related to this program.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
One Original to Community Services.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$200,000 General Revenue; $55,000 Community Care for the Elderly Grant
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: 2014-2015 RHS Agreement.pdf