|January 27, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
James Czachowski, Code Enforcement Case Number CE2008080287
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Jeff Bowman, Division Chief, Ext. 6854
Motion to approve Partial Release of Lien and authorize Chairman of Board of County Commissioners to execute Partial Release of Lien in Code Enforcement Case No. CE2008080287.
Motion to authorize the Clerk's Office to record Partial Release of Lien in Public Records of Manatee County, Florida.
Section 162.09, Florida Statutes (2014)
Below is a summary of Code Enforcement Case No. CE2008080287 against respondent James Czachowski regarding property located at 5820 21st Street West, Bradenton (DP#6116400000):
- On January 28, 2009, the Code Enforcement Special Magistrate of Manatee County, Florida, issued an Order Imposing Fine against James Czachowski in Code Enforcement Case No. CE2008080287 for having trash and debris on the property located at 5820 21st Street West, Bradenton.
- On March 9, 2009, the Order Imposing Fine was recorded in the Public Records of Manatee County, Florida, as a lien against the land in violation and any real or personal property owned by James Czachowski. (Book 2290, Page 5475.)
- December 4, 2014, The Law Office of Adam R. Miller, P.L., notified the Code Enforcement Division that this lien is affecting another property and it's title work, 6038 Lilli Way, Bradenton, and are now requesting that Manatee County release the Code Enforcement Special Magistrate lien against this property. A partial release describing only this parcel would not affect the fine imposed as a lien against the property in violation. (The property is in compliance.)
- Subsection 162.09(3), Florida Statutes (2010), states: A lien arising from a fine imposed pursuant to this section [162.09] runs in favor of the local governing body, and the local governing body may execute a satisfaction or release of lien entered pursuant to this section.
- Subsection 162.04(1), Florida Statutes (2010), defines "local governing body" to mean "the governing body of the county . . ." The Board of County Commissioners, as the governing body of Manatee County, Florida, is authorized to execute a satisfaction or release of lien entered by the Manatee County Code Enforcement Special Magistrate.
- The Code Enforcement Division has prepared a Partial Release of Lien which releases the Order Imposing Fine as to the parcel of property owned by Warren Scott Standafer, located at 6038 Lilli Way, Bradenton. The lien created by the Order Imposing Fine will remain in effect against the property in violation (5820 21st Street West, Bradenton) and any other real or personal property owned by James Czachowski.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a stamped copy of agenda to Administrative Specialist Laurie Menard (email@example.com) in the Code Enforcement Division following disposition.
Please record the Partial Release of Lien once signed by the Chairman and charge to Code Enforcement, AR700009. Once recorded, please return the original to Laurie Menard in Code Enforcement.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: BOCC Attachments 1-27-2015 Czachowski.pdf