|January 24, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #18
Federal Transit Administration Section 5310 FY 2016/17 Enhanced Mobility of Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities Joint Participation Agreement Notification of Funding: Contract No. ARO42; FPID No. 438959-1-84-02
Contact and/or Presenter Information
William P. Steele, Transit Division Manager, William.Steele@mymanatee.org, (941) 747-8621 x7440
Chad Butzow, P.E., Deputy Director of Field Operations Services, Chad.Butzow@mymanatee.org, (941) 708-7450 x7432
- Authorization for the Chairperson to execute the Joint Participation Agreement (JPA) Notification of Funding (NOF) with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 "Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals With Disabilities" program State Fiscal Year 2016/2017 operating funding in the amount of $151,587; and
- Authorization for the Chairperson to execute the Standard Lobbying Certification and Disclosure of Lobbying Activities forms.
Chapter 341, Florida Statutes; Rule 41-2, Florida Administrative Code; Plan 6.0 Mass Transit Element; Resolution R-14-162; Resolution R-16-014.
- The FTA Section 5310 Grant Program is a Federal Transit Administration program which provides funding to support transportation services to meet the special needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- The 5310 grants are used by Manatee County for capital and/or operational expenditures to support MCAT Paratransit (i.e. Handy Bus) services. The FDOT serves as the "Designated Recipient" for the FTA Section 5310 Program and eligible applicants must apply to the FDOT for FTA Section 5310 program funding.
- On January 26, 2016, the Manatee County BCC adopted Resolution R-16-014, which authorized the submission of FTA Section 5310 grant applications for capital and operating assistance in State Fiscal Year 2016/17.
- On December 27, 2016, the Notice of FTA Section 5310 Grant Award FPID No. 438959-1-84-02/Contract No. ARO42, SFY 2016/17 was received from the FDOT. The grant award notice is for operating assistance funding to assist Manatee County in meeting the special needs of the elderly and individuals with disabilities and maintain the existing level of paratransit service. The funding award is $151,587.
- Operating funding is a 50/50 cost sharing program with the FTA. The Manatee County $151,587 local share required to meet grant criteria is currently allocated to the FY 2016/2017 Paratransit operating budget to support the Manatee County share of costs.
- The FTA Section 5310 operating assistance program affords an opportunity to support the Handy Bus program to benefit service delivery for the elderly and persons with disabilities in our community. Receipt of the this funding is budget dependent each fiscal year and thus is not planned for additional service or staffing. It is realized as a cost savings for the year by the County for the services it provides.
- On October 21, 2014, the Manatee County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) approved and executed Resolution R-14-162 authorizing the execution of a multi-year JPA with the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for Section 5310 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Program funding. The JPA was fully executed and signed on January 2, 2015, and will remain in effect until December 29, 2017. Annual JPAs are not required; however, execution of the JPA Notification of Funding (NOF) form is required in order to receive the annual funding allocation.
- The FTA Section 5310 operational funding is utilized to maintain the existing level of paratransit (i.e., Handy Bus) service, as continuing Section 5310 operating assistance allocations cannot be guaranteed. In fact, operating assistance allocations are secondary to the demand for capital funding each year.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (Utilizes exact document or procedure approved within the last 18 months)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return two (2) signed copies (in blue ink) of 5310 Notification of Funding, Disclosure of Lobbying Activities, and Standard Lobbying Certification Forms to Edrick Sweeting, Grants Administrator, Edrick.Sweeting@mymanatee.org, x7354, to be forwarded to the Florida Department of Transportation. A fully executed, signed Notification of Funding will be forwarded to Board Records upon return.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
435-0012100 Para Transit Operating: $151,587 County Matching Funds; $151,587 FTA Funds, Total $303,174
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
The portion of expense in the above cost center is revenue from FDOT.
Attachment: Manatee County 5310 NOF 2 12 20 16.pdf
Attachment: Standard Lobbying Certification Form.pdf
Attachment: Disclosure of Lobbying Activities Form LLL.pdf