|January 13, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #3
Recognize the Traffic Management Team for the Intelligent Transportation Society of Florida's 2014 Outstanding Achievement Award
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Sage Kamiya, Deputy Director, Traffic Management
Ken Jacobs, Intelligent Transportation Society of Florida, President
- This award is given by the Intelligent Transportation Society of Florida for the outstanding service by individual or organizational units.
- Manatee County received this award for the Backup Traffic Management Center (TMC) project.
- In early August 2014, a complete functional backup TMC was added to the existing Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) network. Located in the Manatee County Public Works Department's 26th Avenue building, the backup TMC provides a complete functional TMC during an emergency event that would require all the essential staff at the RTMC to evacuate and operate remotely.
- The backup TMC with its ability to remotely handle all necessary operational functions of the RTMC is an essential component of the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) for the Regional Traffic Management Center.
- The backup TMC was conceptualized, designed, and installed by the County staff at a cost of approximately $40,000.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs