|January 10, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #16
First Amendment to Contract for Sale and Purchase for Lorenzo and Tashia Waiters for property located at 8504 36th Avenue East, Palmetto, Florida 34221
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439.
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition, Property Management, Extension 6284.
- Execution of First Amendment to Contract for Sale and Purchase with Lorenzo and Tashia Waiters.
Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan Goal 5.1 addresses the safety and efficiency of forecasted vehicular demands.
- The Ellenton Gillette Road Functional Improvement Project from U.S. 301 to Moccasin Wallow Road was approved in the FY 2013-2017 CIP 309-6084560.
- On February 9, 2016, the Board of County Commissioners executed a contract from Lorenzo Waiters and Tashia Waiters for Parcel 9 in the amount of $38,900.00.
- Parcel 9 is improved with a single-family residence located at 8504 36th Avenue East. The homeowners had concerns that the contracted acquisition agent and appraisal did not fully address their concerns and issues. Therefore, the contract failed to close.
- Property Acquisition reached out to the owners to resolve and based on a site visit with Mr. and Mrs. Waiters the concerns are valid. Property Acquisition shared these comments with Public Works, and after reviewing the project it was determined that the project now requires a reduced partial take of 9,975 square feet for Parcel 9. The Ellenton Gillette road improvement traffic circulation plan reflects a four lane arterial roadway reducing the right-of-way needed to 35 feet instead of the previous 55 feet. This reduced take will lessen the impact to the homeowners improvements.
- Property Acquisition reached an agreement with Mr. and Mrs. Waiters at the agreed contract amount of $38,900, which was executed by the Board of County Commissioners on February 9, 2016, for the reduced take to avoid litigation and additional expert costs for Parcel 9.
- The First Amendment to Contract for Sale and Purchase requires execution by the Board of County Commissioners to amend the original contract in order to close this transaction.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed First Amendment to Contract for Sale and Purchase to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org, and to Michael.Sturm@mymanatee.org
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: First Amendment to Contract for Sale and Purchase Waiters Parcel 9 .pdf
Attachment: Location Map Waiters Parcel 9.pdf