|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor - Chambers February 9, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #6
PDR-16-03(Z)(P) - The Vorbeck Family Limited Partnership/Vorbeck Moccasin Wallow - DTS20160133 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-16-03(Z)(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations 1 - 17; the MAKING of a Specific Finding that the multi-family buildings exceeding 35-feet in height are consistent with Land Development Code Section 402.7.D.9. in that the development, as approved and stipulated, is compatible with the surrounding area and will not create any external impacts that would adversely affect surrounding development or the entranceway; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project exceeding a gross density of 4.5 dwelling units per acre and a net density of 6 dwelling units per acre in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category (Policy 184.108.40.206.4.b) and 2) adjacent to a perennial stream (Cabbage Slough) (Policy 220.127.116.11); as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Scott Rudacille, with Blalock Walters, P.A., agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Rezone from RSF-4.5 and RSMH-6 to PDR (Planned Development Residential) and a Preliminary Site Plan for 720 multi-family units. The site is approximately 138.56 acres and is located on the south side of Moccasin Wallow Road and north of Amlong Road (89th Street East).
• The site is located in the RES-6 (Residential - 6 dwelling units per gross acre) Future Land Use Category (FLUC).
• The following Special Approvals are required:
• Gross residential density exceeding 4.5 du/ac (proposed is 5.2 du/gross ac)
• Net residential density exceeding 6 dwelling units per acre (proposed 6.34 du/ac)
• Project located adjacent to a perennial stream (Cabbage Slough)
• No Specific Approvals are requested.
• Specific Finding for increased height to 36’-10½”.
• A combination of a raised boardwalk and concrete sidewalk will be constructed adjacent to Moccasin Wallow Road. A network of internal sidewalks are provided throughout the development tying the residential units to the amenity areas and service areas.
• Recreational amenities will be provided on both the north and south portions of the project totaling 3.4-acres of property and each area will include a clubhouse with a pool and recreational opportunities such as tennis courts, volleyball, playground.
• There wetland impacts are limited to the construction of acceleration and deceleration lanes on Moccasin Wallow Road, internal roadway crossing to access the site, and filling in for apartment units and excavation for creation of stormwater detention basin.
• The project will have primary access to Moccasin Wallow Road with secondary access to Moccasin Wallow Road via 92nd Street East to 49th Avenue East.
• Staff recommends approval with Stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2017-0009 on January 12, 2017.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Vorbeck Moccasin Wallow - PDR1603(Z)(P).pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Landscape Plan.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Preliminary Site Plan.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 4 - HEIGHT ANALYSIS AND ELEVATION.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 5 - TIA.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 6 - SCHOOL REPORT.pdf
Attachment: ATTACHMENT 7 - ZONING DISCLOSURE AFFIDAVIT.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 8 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf