|February 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #44
Adoption of Resolution R-17-006, a Resolution Vacating a Portion of 261st Street East located within Pomello Park
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management, Extension 3439
Charles Meador, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management, Extension 6289
- ADOPT Resolution R-17-006.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 336.09, Closing and abandonment of roads.
Manatee County Land Development Code, Section 311, Vacation of Streets and Plats.
- The applicants, Stephen P. Aron, Joseph J. Roman, and John S. Schlabach are requesting a vacation of a portion of 261st Street East within Pomello Park.
- The right-of-way sought to be vacated was dedicated to the public in 1926 by the Pomello Park subdivision plat recorded at Plat Book 6, Page 61 of the Public Records of Manatee County, Florida.
- The portion of 261st Street East that is sought to be vacated abuts the applicants properties and is unimproved.
- Jurisdictional reviews by appropriate county departments and private utility companies serving the area to be vacated have been notified of the intention to file a vacation and have no objection.
- Clarke Davis, Transportation Planning Section Manager, initially had a conditional objection. However, after a revised sketch of description was agreed upon by the applicants that reduces the vacation to meet the requirements of the LDC (per Miles Gentry, Planning Section Manager), Clarke Davis amended his comments and has no objection.
- James Hallman with Charter (formerly Brighthouse) initially had a conditional objection. However, after James reviewed the comments from Peace River, James amended his comments and has no objection.
- The vacation application complies with the technical requirements of the Manatee County Land Development Code and pertinent Florida Statutes.
- All expenses associated with the subject vacation will be paid by the applicants.
- Manatee County's application filing fee of $800 has been paid.
- Staff followed and completed the recommendation outlined in the Request for Legal Services (RLS).
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a certified copy of the resolution to Charles Meador, Property Management Department, 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Application for Vacating.pdf
Attachment: Jurisdictional Review.pdf
Attachment: Response to CAO Matter No. 2016-0704.pdf
Attachment: Director Recommendation.pdf
Attachment: Sufficiency Review Memo.pdf
Attachment: Public Hearing Notice.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf