|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - February 4, 2016|
Agenda Item #6
PA-15-03/Ordinance 15-35 - 301 Oxford, LLP - Legislative - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to TRANSMIT Plan Amendment PA-15-03, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Ms. Rachel Layton, AICP, with ZNS Engineering, LC, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment from the existing future land use category of OM (Office - Medium) to ROR (Residential-Office-Retail - 5.18± acres) and RES-12 (Residential – 12 dwelling units per gross acre – 14.31± acres).
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately 19.49± acres of land located on the south side of US 301 at 5111 Oxford Road.
• Various residential properties have continued to develop along the U.S. 301 corridor. There are limited opportunities to provide commercial/office and multi-family residential units within this area. The proposed future land use designations of ROR and RES-12 provide the opportunity to provide these uses to this growing area.
• The parcel is adjacent to U.S. 301, a highly traveled 4-lane roadway, which is suitable for a mixed use project of commercial and multi-family residential.
• Roadway networks, utilities and other services exist in the area.
• The multi-family residential provides the opportunity for diversity in housing type.
• Staff recommends approval.
• On January 14, 2016, by a vote of 5 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
• A summary of the public coming heard at the January 14, 2016 Planning Commission public hearing is in the staff report attached to this memo.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on December 11, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward the original letter to Bobbi Roy/ Building and Development Services for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps- Zoning, FLU, Aerials - PA-15-03 - ORD-15-35 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ordinance 15-35 - 2-4-16 BNC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 - Ord. 15-35 - Bradenton Herald Display PA - 2-4-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03 Ord. 15-35 - Sarasota Herald Tribune Display PA- 2-4-16 BC.pdf
Attachment: Back-Up Data & Analysis - PA-15-03 - 301 Oxford.pdf
Attachment: School Report - 301 Oxford - PA-15-03.pdf
Attachment: Transmittal letter to state for signature by Chairman.pdf