|February 24, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #13
Updated Prescription Benefits Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager, x3493
Community Services Department
Brenda Rogers, Director, Community Services Department, x3489
Adoption of Resolution R-15-017 which rescinds Resolution R-13-019 and updates the Prescription Benefits Program.
Florida Statute 125
- This resolution will enable the Community Services (CS) Department to begin collaborating with the Employee Health Benefits Department (EHB) to reduce prescription costs through individualized case management through the use of pharmacy students supervised by a Pharmacist under this program.
- This resolution does not eliminate the option to continue working with Rural Health Services (RHS) or other providers through agreements.
- The new resolution clarifies and simplifies language from the prior resolution, but does not change eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility consists of:
- Proof of Manatee County Residence (2)
- Family income below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for individuals age 18-59
- Family Countable Assets value below 100% of FPL for Individuals age 18-59
- Income and Assets limited for individuals age 60 and older eligible at 125% of the FPL
- Procedure has been written for CS to work with EHB that can be launched within 90 days of the approval of this resolution.
- Current Program Costs are $200,000 from General Funds and $55,000 from State Grants.
- Under the current plan, clients must come in each month for a new voucher to get prescriptions filled and are limited to a single provider.
- Under the EHB collaboration, clients will be issued a prescription card that remains valid for the duration of their eligibility period that may be taken to any EHB contracted pharmacy (such as Winn Dixie or Pelot's). This allows for greater convenience to the clients, while providing stringent controls for eligibility and enforcement of limitations.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Copy to Community Services, Andy Guyre, Division Manager
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Rx Benefits Prog Resolution R-15-017.pdf
Attachment: RLS 14-363 Response to Rx Benefits Res.pdf