|February 23, 2016 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #15
Final Plat - Villa Amalfi
Contact and/or Presenter Information
John Parks, Sr. Development Review Specialist, ext. 6215
- Execute and record Final Subdivision Plat;
- Record Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions For Villa Amalfi;
- Authorize County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement For Private Subdivision With Public Improvements from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC, and to accept, execute, and record Surety Bond For Performance of Required Improvements, Bond No. CS3037183 through Great American Insurance Company for $866,316.60;
- Authorize County Administrator to accept, execute, and record Agreement For Private Subdivision Improvements from Neal Communities of Southwest Florida, LLC, and to accept, execute, and record (1) Surety Bond For Performance of Required Private Improvements, Bond No. CS3037182 through Great American Insurance Company for $1,448,338.12 and (2) Surety Bond For Performance of Required Private Improvements, Bond No. CS3037186 through Great American Insurance Company for $179,555.74.
- MANATEE COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE, ORDINANCE 15-17, AS AMENDED;
- MANATEE COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE PLAN, FUTURE LAND USE ELEMENT GOAL 2.4, ADEQUATE & AVAILABLE PUBLIC FACILITIES CONCURRENT WITH NEW DEVELOPMENT. The project has been issued a Certificate of Level of Service for Potable Water, Solid Waste, Sanitary Sewer, Transit, Drainage, Traffic, and Fire Protection, Objective 2.4.1, Concurrency, CLOS-15-007.
- The final plat is for a single-family, private subdivision with 92 lots.
- The utilities (potable water and wastewater infrastructure facilities) within this private road subdivision will be publicly owned and maintained by Manatee County. The applicant has elected to plat the subdivision prior to its construction. As a result, the applicant has provided a performance bond for platting purposes for all future private and public infrastructure improvements. As part of the proposed public utility within this private road subdivision, the required Agreements for Subdivision Improvements, along with a Bill of Sale for utility infrastructure to Manatee County, are required to be executed and recorded.
- Upon completion of this subdivision and issuance of a Certificate of Completion by Manatee County, the performance bond will be released and replaced with a defect security bond. At that time, the applicant shall execute the required agreement(s) and a Bill of Sale and submit both to Manatee County for acceptance and execution.
- All common areas, including the roads, will be maintained by the Villa Amalfi Neighborhood Association, Inc.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
- Please send the Plat Book and Page numbers to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Record all financial agreements associated with this plat per Resolution R-14-02.
- Execution of financial agreements including surety bonds must be signed by the County Administrator in the presence of a notary per Resolution R-14-86.
- Please notify Jane Oliver, email@example.com, Bond Coordinator at Fiscal Management Division, Public Works Department, when original agreements and securities are ready for pick-up.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Application and Declaration of Covenants.pdf
Attachment: Agreements and Bonds.pdf