|Manatee County Government Administrative Center First Floor, Chambers - 9:00 A.M.|
Agenda Item #4
PDR-14-24(P)-Heron Creek, Phase II-DTS#20140382-Quasi-Judicial-Shelley Hamilton
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Contact and Presenter:
941 748 4501 ext. 6863
Senior Planning Technician
941 748 4501 ext. 6207
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDR-14-25(P); APPROVAL of the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations #A-1, #B-1, #C-1 through C-3, #D-1 through D-7, #E-1 through E-6, and #F-1; GRANTING Special Approval for 1) a project in the RES-6 Future Land Use Category for adjacency to a perennial stream, and 2) a project within an Entranceway; as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The applicants have filed this application to adopt a new Preliminary Site Plan (PSP) for Heron Creek, Phase II. The proposal will allow the total of 45 lots over what is currently approved) on 17.70 + acres located west of Ellen-Gillette Road.
• The property is currently zoned PDR (Planned Development Residential), and was rezoned in 1989, in conjunction with the property east of Ellenton-Gillette Road (Heron Creek, Phase I), to allow 131 lots at a density of 2.86 dwelling units per acre. In 2006, the approval was amended to add 3.7 + acres of property and to amend the Preliminary Site Plan to allow 125 lots at a density of 2.54 dwelling units per acre gross and 2.65 dwelling units per acre net. Again, this action in 2006 was in conjunction with the property east of Ellenton-Gillette Road and was proposed as a two phase development to be known as Heron Creek, Phases I and II. Phase I of Heron Creek, east of Ellenton-Gillette Road, is currently underway with the development of 90 single family units.
• This amendment to the existing PSP will result in a gross density of 2.54 dwelling units per acre and a net density of 2.62 dwelling units per acre.
• The total open space calculation proposed is 37.5% (6.63 + acres).
• Special Approvals are needed to allow:
1) Adjacency to a perennial lake or stream; and
2) Adjacency to an “entranceway.”
• The site is in Flood Zones “X,” and “AE.”
• Water and Sanitary Sewer will be provided; and
• Staff recommends approval with stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk revised and responded by email on January 14, 2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Map FLU-PDR-14-24(P)-HeronCreek Ph. 2-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Zoning-PDR-14-24(P)-HeronCreek Ph. 2-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Aerial1-PDR-14-24(P)-HeronCreek Ph. 2-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Map Aerial 2-PDR-14-24(P)-HeronCreek Ph. 2-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report-PDR-14-24(P)-Heron Crek, Phase II-0212-15.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Ownership-Heron Creek, Phase II-02-12-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement-Heron Creek, Phase II-PDR-14-24(P)-02-12-15PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Heron Creek Phase II - PDR-14-24(P) - Bradenton Herald.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising -Heron Creek Phase II - PDR-14-24(P) - Sarasota Herald Tribune.pdf
Attachment: Preliminary Site Plan-Heron Creek, Phase II-PDR-14-24(P)-02-12-15PC.pdf