|February 11, 2014 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #15
Prescription Benefits Program
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Andy Guyre, Human Services Division Manager,
Brenda Rogers, Director, Community Services,
Authorization for the Chairman to execute a non-profit agency funding agreement for the time period February 11, 2014, through September 30, 2014, with We Care Manatee, Inc., for the Prescription Benefits Program. Total Program funding not to exceed $255,000.
Fl Statute #125
- The total budgeted amount indicated is for the Program, not the individual provider.
- On 09/19/2013, the Board of County Commissioners adopted the FY 2013/2014 budget that included funding for non-profit agencies.
- An RFP will be issued during FY 2013/2014 to determine the most beneficial provider(s) of this program for the citizens of Manatee County.
- This program is not exclusive or limited to one provider, and additional agencies may be contracted to provide similar services until the RFP process is completed.
- The Prescription Benefits program is funded through General Revenue and a Community Care for the Elderly grant. Services are provided to eligible Manatee County residents age 18 and above.
- A FY 2013/2014 funding agreement is needed to provide an appropriate funding mechanism for program services and accountability.
- Payments are made as reimbursement of services provided.
- The Agreement specifies that the Agency must perform specific levels of service and submit, or make available for review, among other items, board meeting minutes, proof of insurance, and an audit or other financial review.
- Special conditions in the agreement provide for additional program specific contractual obligations.
- Funded agencies are visited by Community Services Department staff during the contract year, with monthly or quarterly desk reviews also conducted.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Agreement reviewed. Assisted in updating the resolution that was implemented earlier in 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
One fully executed agreement to Board Records
One fully executed agreement to Community Services
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
$255,000 General Revenue 001-0015202 and Community Care for the Elderly Grant
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: We Care Prescriptions FY2014.pdf