|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 8, 2016 - 9:00 AM|
Agenda Item #3
Z-16-08 - Garland, Charles Richard and Gertrude M. Rezone - DTS20160360 - Quasi-Judicial - Barney Salmon, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Barney Salmon, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6902
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-16-08, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Mr. Hugh McQuire, Esq., McGuire and McGuire, P.A., agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a straight rezone from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to RSF-1 (Residential Single Family) for a ±1.82 acre property located generally at 8808 9th Avenue NW in west Bradenton (Manatee County).
• The project is located in a geographic area commonly known as Palma Sola, and has an existing Future Land Use Category (FLUC) of RES-3 (Residential-3 Dwelling Units/Gross acre).
• The proposed RSF-1 zoning district is more consistent with the underlying RES-3 Future Land Use Category.
• The requested RSF-1 zoning is consistent with existing development in the immediate and surrounding area and is a logical expansion of existing A-1 and PDR zoning on adjacent properties.
• The proposed rezone will allow one additional home to be constructed; within the limits of the RES-3 density of 3 units per acre.
• This is a straight rezone request. There are no Special or Specific Approvals, and therefore, no Staff Stipulations.
• Staff is recommending APPROVAL.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email to Matter 2016-0808 on November 7, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Garland Rezone - Z-16-08.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2 - Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Zoning Disclosure Affidavit.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Traffic Impact Statement.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf