|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 8, 2016 - 9:00 AM|
Agenda Item #8
Z-16-06 - Enneking Rezone - DTS20160288 - Quasi-Judicial - Branden Roe, Planner
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Branden Roe, Planner, 941-748-4501 ext. 6863
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to recommend ADOPTION of Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. Z-16-06, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Robert Schmitt, AICP, Land Planning Associates, Inc., agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a straight rezone from A-1 (Suburban Agriculture) to HM (Heavy Manufacturing) for a ±12.71 acre property located generally on the east side of Bayshore Road, north of 77th Avenue East, and south of I-275 in Palmetto (Manatee County).
• The project is located in a geographic area known as an Entranceway, and has an existing Future Land Use Category (FLUC) of IH (Industrial-Heavy).
• The proposed HM zoning district is more consistent with the underlying IH Future Land Use Category. No new residential uses are permitted in industrial future land uses, so the development of the site will be restricted to non-residential uses.
• Both the IH Future Land Use Category and the HM zoning district limit non-residential development intensities to a Floor Area Ratio of 0.50. The HM zoning district does not limit building size; however, the zoning district does establish a maximum building height of 55 feet.
• The requested HM zoning is consistent with existing development in the immediate area and is a logical expansion of an existing HM zoning on an adjacent property.
• This is a straight rezone request, there are no Special or Specific Approvals, and there are no Staff Stipulations.
• Staff is recommending APPROVAL.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by emails to Matters 2016-0688 on September 12, 2016 and 2016-0813 on November 9, 2016.
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Enneking Rezone - Z-16-07.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 2- Staff Report Maps.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 3 - Zoning Disclosure.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 4 - Approved TIS.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 5 - Newspaper Advertising.pdf
Attachment: Attachment 6 - Public Comment.pdf