|December 6, 2016 - Work Session - Southwest District Logo|
Agenda Item #1
Southwest District Logo
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Manatee Millennial Movement (M3) Team
Consider Southwest District Logo and branding elements for use by Manatee County.
- Manatee Millennial Movement, or M3 for short, was established in 2015 with the support of the County Administrator and Board of County Commissioners.
- The founding M3 design team (lead staff) consisted of four millennial staff members and is sponsored by the Neighborhood Services Department.
- M3 has grown to over 40 members and now has a representative from at least one of each of the County Departments.
- The main purpose of the group is to assist the County with the knowledge, awareness, and career support for young professionals within Manatee County Government, in the Millennial age group born between 1984 and 2000.
- Since it's inception, M3 has tackled large issues such as Affordable Housing and Land Development changes.
- In doing this the group has expanded to include the Manatee Chamber of Commerce-Manatee Young Professionals Group, Realize Bradenton, and Bradenton Area EDC Thought Leaders.
- Assigned to engage the community and create a set of logos for the newly established Southwest District, M3 is ready to present their concept to the Board.
- Once reviewed it is desired that the logo will be used by the county and community to promote the Southwest District and to give this large area a sense of identify for the future.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: SW District Logo Presentation.pdf
Attachment: Follow Up Memo - SW District Logo.pdf