|December 5, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #9
LDCT-13-03/Ordinance 14-01 fka Ordinance 13-31 - Park Trailers Land Development Code Admendment - Legislative - Shelley Hamilton
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6863
No Action is necessary. This is the first of two public hearings; the second hearing is scheduled for January 9, 2014.
Manatee County Land Development Code
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
- With a recent review of LDC Section 603, discrepancies were identified between the Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Land Development Code relative to definitions for Park Trailers, Recreational Vehicles, Manufactured Homes, and Mobile Homes. Specifically, the following definition changes are recommended:
- All definitions referring to “manufactured homes” need to be revised to reference “mobile homes;”
- Definition of “park trailer” needs to be deleted; and
- A reference to FS 513.01 needs to be added to the definitions of “mobile home” and “recreational vehicle.”
- Sections 603.8 (PDMH – Planned District, Manufactured Home) and 603.9 (PDRV – Planned District, Recreational Vehicle) also need revisions to bring the LDC into consistency with the Florida Statutes.
- Chapter 513.014 of the Florida Statutes provides additional information regarding the applicability of recreational vehicles parks and mobile home parks.
- A recreational vehicle park is strictly to provide “temporary or seasonal living quarters, “ and may not contain a mobile home; but a mobile home park may provide five or more sites for recreational vehicles.
- A mobile home park does not require a mobile home park with spaces set aside for recreational vehicles to obtain permits, but if spaces are rented for recreational vehicles on a long-term basis, it is required that the recreational vehicle comply with all laws and rules relating to mobile home parks.
- A mobile home park and a recreational vehicle park must both first obtain a permit from the State Department of Health. That permit must identify:
- The location of the existing or proposed park;
- The type of park;
- The number of mobile homes and/or recreational vehicles to be accommodated or the number of recreational campsites;
- The type of water supply;
- The method of sewage disposal;
- Any other information that the Department of Health requires; and
- Must be renewed annually.
- Staff recommends approval.
- On November 14, 2013, by a vote of 4 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - Ordinance 14-01 fka 13-31 - Park Trailers - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Chapter 513.014 Florida Statutes - Ord. 14-01 fka 13-31 - Park Trailers - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Ord. 14-01 fka 13-31 - Park Trailers - 12-5-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 14-01 fka 13-31 - Park Trailers - 12-5-13 BC.pdf