|Manatee County Government Administrative Building First Floor, Chambers December 3, 2015 - 9:00 a.m.|
Agenda Item #13
PA-15-06/Ordinance 15-42 - Capital Improvements Element Annual Update - Legislative - Kathleen Thompson, AICP
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Kathleen Thompson, AICP, Planning Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6841
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator, 941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the public hearing, the technical support documents and finding the request to be consistent with the Community Planning Act, as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes, and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to ADOPT Plan Amendment PA-15-06/Ordinance 15-42.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• The Capital Improvements Element (CIE) must be reviewed by the local government on an annual basis.
• Modifications to update the 5 year capital improvement schedule is accomplished by ordinance and is not considered an amendment to the comprehensive plan per state statutes 163.3177(3)(b).
• With the adoption of HB 7207, the 5 year plan is no longer required to be “financially feasible” or transmitted to the state land planning agency for review. However, a courtesy copy will be provided to the Department of Economic Opportunity – Division of Community Development.
• This is the annual update to the Capital Improvements Element (CIE) contained within the Comprehensive Plan for FY2016 – FY 2020
• The CIE is a subset of the previously BCC adopted Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
• The CIE contains only those items from the adopted CIP which provide for expansion of services for concurrency related facilities.
The concurrency related facilities include:
• The amendment requires one public hearing for the adoption of the amendment by the Board of County Commissioners.
• Staff recommends adoption of the plan amendment providing the annual update to the CIE.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the signed document to firstname.lastname@example.org for distribution to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Staff Report - PA-15-06 - Ordinance 15-42 - Capital Improvement Element Annual Update - 12-3-15 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Application Package - Capital Improvement Element Annual Update - 12-3-15 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publishing - CIE Annual Update - PA-15-06 - Ordinance 15-42- Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-3-15 BCC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising- CIE Plan Amendment - PA-15-06 - Ord. 15-42 - Bradenton Herald - 12-3-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance 15-42 - Capital Improvements Element Annual Update - 12-3-15 BC.pdf