|December 3, 2013 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #14
Rocky Bluff Library Hours of Operation to Public
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Cheri R. Coryea, Director
Authorization to modify the Rocky Bluff Library public access/service hours from 39 to 40 hours a week to include two evening hours of operation on Wednesday and Thursday.
11.1.4. Efficiency in Service Delivery
- On September 19, 2013, the Board adopted the budget for the Rocky Bluff Library which included 39 hours of public access.
- Demand and use of the Rocky Bluff Library has increased dramatically since the opening of the new facility resulting in staff's request to modify the existing public access/service plan from 39 hours a week to 40 hours a week with evening hours on Wednesday and Thursday.
- This facility is in the Ellenton area and also serves portions of Palmetto and Parrish. Many families live in these areas and have asked for additional evening access to the Library.
- Additionally, the facility has only one conference room and request for evening meeting use has risen dramatically.
- All other Branch libraries in the Manatee County Public Library system are open a minimum of 40 hours weekly.
- On November 20, 2013, this modification to the Rocky Bluff service plan was presented to the Library Board of Trustees and was recommended for approval by the Trustees.
- No additional funding is required for this modification as the increase of one hour public access will not impact the current budget as staff time was already budgeted.
- Approval by the Board is requested at this time to change the public service hours at the Rocky Bluff Library from 39 hours a week to 40 hours with two evening hours of operation on Wednesday and Thursday.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Stamped approved agenda memorandum to Ava Ehde, Library Division, Neighborhood Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
No additional funds.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Rocky Bluff Proposed Hours.pdf