|December 15, 2015 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #33
Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee Appointment
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Charlie Hunsicker, Director, Parks and Natural Resources
Appointment of one member to the fifteen member Environmental Lands Management and Acquisition Advisory Committee (ELMAC).
New applicant requesting appointment is: David Landers.
Resolution 93-55 establishing the ELMAC Committee
Resolution 92-288 establishing uniform policies for advisory boards/committees
Ordinance No. 03-62 expanded membership to fifteen members.
- Mr. David Landers will be filling one of the two At-Large (one-year term) vacant positions.
- One At-Large position remains vacant and will be filled as applications become available and, at which time, will be brought before the Board of County Commissioners for approval.
- The nine categories represented are as follows:
(1) member from the Florida Engineering Society (two-year
term) Patrick Healy, expires 06/02/2017
(1) member schooled in Natural Science: Ecology, Biology,
Botany, etc. (two-year term) Patsy Ugarte, expires
(1) member with a background or education in Active Outdoor
Sports (two-year term) Scott Tussing, expires 03/11/2016
(1) member from a local Environmental Group (three-year term),
Ingrid McClellan, expires 06/02/2018
(1) member from Chamber of Commerce's Environmental
Committee (three-year term) Mike Burton, expires
(1) member with a background/education in Banking or Finance
or Real Estate (two-year term) Brad Hawkins, expires
(1) representative from the Agricultural Community (three-year
term) Jim Parks, expires 06/02/2018
(1) representative/employee of the Manatee County School
Board (two-year term) Richard Smith, expires 08/11/2017
(2) At-Large representatives (three-year term) John McDonald
and Bill Webster, expires 06/02/2018
(5) At-Large representatives (on-year term) Deborah
Wentworth Lansing, expires 06/02/2016; Bob Nicholson
and Rick Richards, expires 08/11/2016; two vacancies.
- Terms of service for ELMAC are for one year, two years, or three years.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Send copy of approved agenda to Kay Rogers, Parks and Natural Resources Department, ext. 6043, email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Landers, David ELMAC Application.pdf