|December 10, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #45
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from NDC Development Company, Inc., for Surplus Real Property located at 920 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, Florida 34205, PID 3293800003
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Chris Munyon, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6285
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase of Real Property owned by Manatee County to NDC Development Company, Inc., a Florida corporation in the amount of $100,000.00; and
- Execution of County Deed to NDC Development Company, Inc., a Florida corporation.
- Section 125.35 Florida Statutes
- On September 13, 1995, Manatee County acquired the property via a Special Warranty Deed recorded in Official Records Book 1468, Page 6579.
- The Board adopted Resolution R-18-087 declaring this property as surplus and authorizing its sale on July 24, 2018.
- Property Acquisition started marketing the property for sale during the month of February 2019 and set a Public Sale date of May 21, 2019.
- The property was advertised for sale in the Bradenton Herald once a week for two weeks from April 1, 2019, through April 14, 2019.
- Two submittals to purchase the property were hand delivered to Property Acquisition.
- During the Public Sale on May 21, 2019, the two submittals were opened, checked for compliance, and logged by staff.
- On June 18, 2019, the Board of County Commissioners directed staff to negotiate a Contract for Sale and Purchase with NDC Development Company, Inc.
- The Contract for Sale and Purchase contains the proposed terms agreeable by County staff and NDC Development Company, Inc.
- Terms of a Developer Agreement (attached to the Contract for Sale and Purchase as Exhibit D) have also been agreed on by County staff and NDC Development Company, Inc., and will be delivered at closing for the acceptance by the Board of County Commissioners at the next available meeting.
- NDC Development Company, Inc., is proposing the construction of a new mixed use building consisting of attainable residential apartment units, professional office space, and retail.
County Attorney Review
Formal Written Review (Opinion memo must be attached)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return the original executed Contract for Sale and Purchase and County Deed to Chris Munyon at 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Suite 800, Bradenton, Florida, 34205.
Please email a copy of the approved agenda item to Chris Munyon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase - NDC Development .pdf
Attachment: County Deed - 920 Manatee Avenue West .pdf
Attachment: RLS Response -2019-0330 - Conveyance of First Union Building.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Publication - 920 Manatee Ave. West.pdf
Attachment: Bid Log - First Union 5.21.19.pdf
Attachment: Location Map - 920 Manatee Avenue W.pdf