|December 10, 2019 - Regular Meeting|
Agenda Item #43
Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase from Daniel D. Fruchey and Deborah H. Fruchey for property located at 5706 Lorraine Road, Bradenton, Florida 34211; PID 582305009
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Joy Leggett-Murphy, Property Acquisition Division Manager, Property Management Department, Extension 3439
Tim Cristello, Real Property Specialist, Property Acquisition Division, Property Management Department, Extension 6284
- Execution of Contract for Sale and Purchase with Daniel D. Fruchey and Deborah H. Fruchey for the purpose of future intersection improvements at Lorraine Road and Rangeland Parkway in the amount of $103,855.00.
- Chapters 125 and 127, Florida Statutes.
- Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
- The right-of-way is required for the future intersection improvements at Lorraine Road and Rangeland Parkway.
- The Lorraine Road and Rangeland Parkway Intersection Improvement Project was approved in FY 2018 CIP project 850-6093860.
- The Property is the homestead of Daniel D. Fruchey and Deborah H. Fruchey.
- The partial acquisition consists of 8,976 square feet of land located at 5706 Lorraine Road in Bradenton.
- Daniel D. Fruchey and Deborah H. Fruchey, the homeowners, retained Ryan C. Reese, attorney with Moore, Bowman, Reese, P.A.
- On June 12, 2019, Roger Hettema, MAI, SRA of Hettema Seba, determined the value of the land for the acquisition at $53,000.00. The appraisal value consisted of $38,000.00 for land and improvements with $15,000.00 for cost to cure.
- Property Acquisition Division worked diligently with the owner's attorney to reach an agreement.
- A settlement was reached at $103,855.00 for land and improvements, cost to cure, legal fees and expert costs as full compensation. Manatee County as the condemning authority is required to pay a landowner's attorney fees and reasonable and necessary expert costs.
- This settlement will eliminate eminent domain and additional litigation fees and costs.
County Attorney Review
Not Reviewed (No apparent legal issues)
Explanation of Other
Instructions to Board Records
Please return a copy of the executed contract to Tim Cristello, Property Acquisition Division, at Tim.Cristello@mymanatee.org.
Please email a copy of the executed contract to Robert Halbach at Robert.Halbach@mymanatee.org and Johnnie Yetter at Johnnie.Yetter@mymanatee.org.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Settlement costs of $103,855.00 to 850-6093860, Lorraine Road and Rangeland Parkway Intersection Improvement Project.
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Contract for Sale and Purchase Daniel D. Fruchey and Deborah H. Fruchey.pdf
Attachment: Location Map.pdf