|Manatee County Government Administrative Building Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - December 10, 2015|
Agenda Item #4
PA-15-02 / ORDINANCE 15-32 MANASARA CORP/TENNESSEE STREET PROPERTY, LLC - Legislative - Margaret Tusing
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Danielle Walker, Planning Tech II
941-748-4501 ext. 6936
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the technical support documents, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Community Planning Act as codified in applicable portions of Chapter 163, Part II, Florida Statutes and the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan, I move to recommend TRANSMITTAL of Plan Amendment PA-15-02, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
•Mr. Stephen Novacki with Picerne Development Corporation of Florida, agent for the property owner, is requesting approval of a Large Scale Map Amendment from the existing future land use category of MU (Mixed Use) to RES-16 (Residential – 16 dwelling units per gross acre).
• The Plan Amendment site is approximately 25.6 acres of land located on the north side of University Parkway between Florida Street on the east and the S.C.L. railroad on the west, and south of Broadway Avenue.
• Soleil West, a single family detached subdivision, and Soleil Condominium, a single family attached project, are located to the north of the site. Various non-residential uses are located south of the site. To the east is vacant property with MU future land use category and LM zoning. To the west is the S.C.L. Railroad, a concrete batch plant, and SRQ Park of Commerce.
• The development trend along University Parkway is for a mixture of development types consisting of residential, commercial, and industrial.
• The area is served by utilities, county schools, roadway network, libraries, fire and public safety.
• There are no jurisdictional wetlands, native habitat nor endangered species on the project site.
• Staff recommends approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on 11/20/2015
Instructions to Board Records
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Zoning, FLU, and Aerials - Oasis at University - PA-15-02.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - The Oasis at University - Plan Amendment - PA-15-02 - Ord 15-32 - Sarasota Herald Tribune - 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - The Oasis at University - Plan Amendment - PA15-02 - Ordinance 15-32 - Bradenton Herald 12-10-15 PC.pdf
Attachment: Backup Data and Analysis - Oasis Comprehensive Plan Amendment - Oasis at University - PA-15-02.pdf
Attachment: School Report - Oasis at University - PA-15-02 - Ord. 15-32 - DTS20150243.pdf
Attachment: Traffic Impact Statement with Approval Letter - Oasis at Univeristy - PA-15-02.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Oasis at University - PA-15-02 (121015 PC).pdf