|August 8, 2013 Land Use Meeting|
Agenda Item #4
LDA-08-05(R) - Amended Local Development Agreement for Parrish Plantation - DTS#20130150 - Legislative - Lisa Barrett
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Planning Division Manager
941-748-4501 ext. 6884
Based upon the evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and Manatee County Land Development Code, I move to APPROVE LDA-08-05(R) for Parrish Plantation, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
- The request is for approval of a first amendment to an LDA for the Parrish Plantation subdivision which is located in Manatee County, generally located on the west side of US 301, at the southwest corner of SR 62 and US 301.
- On May 24, 2007, this site was rezoned from General Agriculture/North Central Overlay (A/NCO) to Planned Development Mixed Use, retaining the North Central Overlay. A Preliminary Site Plan was approved for 488 residential units consisting of 266 single family detached, and 222 single family attached units, 86,100 square feet of commercial uses, 53,000 square feet of office, and community service uses consisting of a library and YMCA.
- On November 18, 2008, the Board of County Commissioners approved a Local Development Agreement, providing for the following:
- an extended site plan approval to May 24, 2014,
- the dedication of right-of-way for US 301, SR 62, and Spencer Parrish Road (the applicant waived entitlement to impact fee credits),
- an extended CLOS for residential units and the library was issued with an expiration date of seven years from the date of issuance.
- The applicant had the option of requesting a separate CLOS for any other portion of remaining development components, retaining their place in the Concurrency Reservation System, provided they apply prior to expiration of the first CLOS. The applicant is subject to any conditions that are necessary to ensure no degradation of adopted levels of service for public facilities. The expiration of any subsequent CLOS shall coincide with the expiration date of the first CLOS.
- The CLOS was issued on January 16, 2009, scheduled to expire January 16, 2016. On June 11, 2009, the CLOS was extended for two additional years, pursuant to R-09-089, to January 16, 2018.
- Since this plan was approved in 2007, the YMCA has opened at the Parrish Schoolhouse at 12214 US 301 North and the Rocky Bluff Library is now operating in Ellenton at 6750 US 301 North, to serve the Ellenton and Parrish communities.
The purpose for revising the LDA is to remove references to the library that was previously approved for this site, and update language to be consistent with the revised Preliminary Site Plan that was approved on June 6, 2013.
The applicant also proposes to extend the expiration date of the Preliminary Site Plan from May 24, 2014 to May 24, 2018.
In accordance with Section 508.8.2.4 of the LDC, the County is authorized to issue a preliminary site plan approval for a term greater than five (5) years in connection with a development agreement.
The original LDA and this First Amendment contain the same approved upon conditions.
Staff recommends approval of this agreement.
On June 13, 2013, by a vote of 7 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
William Clague reviewed and responded by email on April 25, 2013 and May 28, 2013.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward three certified copies of recorded document to Bobbi Roy / Building and Development Services Department.
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - Parrish Plantation LDA - LDA-08-05(R) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: LDA-08-05(R) - Recommended LDA - Parrish Plantation LDA - LDA-08-05(R) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: PSP Attachement to LDA - Parrish Plantation LDA - LDA-08-05(R) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: LDA-08-05 Approved LDA with Exhibits - Parrish Plantation LDA - LDA-08-05(R) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Parrish Plantation LDA - LDA-08-05(R) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf