|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - August 8, 2013|
Agenda Item #10
PDMU-13-03(P) - Duke Investments, LLC - University Groves West - DTS20120488 - Quasi-Judicial - Stephanie Moreland
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 3880
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDMU-13-03(P); and APPROVE the Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A.4, B.1-B.12, C.1-C.5, D.1 and E.1-E.2; GRANT Special Approval for a project: 1) adjacent to a perennial stream; 2) project in the MU Future Land Use Category; and 3) in an Entraceway; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for an alternative to LDC Sections 712.2.8 and 714.8.7, as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
The applicant, Duke Investments, LLC/University Groves West, currently requests approval of a Preliminary Site Plan for 133 lots for single-family detached residences on 48.76± acres.
• The 48.76± acre site is north of University Parkway, east of US 301, south of Circus Road and west of University Groves mixed use development. The site is in an area designated as an Entranceway. Special Approval is required for projects within a designated Entranceway.
• With the exception of a pole barn, most of the site is vacant. A 30-foot wide FPL easement extends along the southern boundary of the site. Special Approval is required because the site is adjacent to a perennial stream, Pearce Drainage Canal.
• The site is in the MU (Mixed Use) Future Land Use Category (FLUC). Special Approval is required for all projects in the MU FLUC.
• The site was rezoned to PDMU on July 26, 1996 without a plan.
• The site is in the A with no base flood elevation determined and X Flood Zone Categories. The developer is required to provide documentation establishing the Base Flood Elevation and Flood Protection Elevation (BFE + one-foot) and acquire a Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR) approval from FEMA.
• There are a total of 6.14± acres of wetlands and wetland buffers on the site. No wetland impacts are proposed. There are no known historic or archaeological resources on the site.
• An Interlocal Agreement (between Manatee and Sarasota Counties) designates University Parkway as a “controlled access facility”. Therefore, full direct access to University Parkway is limited. The design shows the project will have access from Circus Road and will connect to an inter-neighborhood tie to the east (University Groves) which connects Shade Avenue.
• Staff has the following concerns:
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on June 4, 2013
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Letters - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Planner - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13.pdf
Attachment: Slideshow - Public Works - University Groves West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - University Grove West - PDMU-13-03(P) - 8-8-13 BC.pdf