|Manatee County Government Administrative Center Commission Chambers, First Floor 9:00 a.m. - August 7, 2014|
Agenda Item #7
PDC-04-38(P)(R) - Victoria Estates/ADB-Buffalo Associates, LLC/Creekside Commons (fka: Creekside Oaks Commercial) - DTS20120170 - Quasi-Judicial - Rossina Leider
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
941-748-4501 ext. 6859
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDC-04-38(P)(R); APPROVE the Amended Preliminary Site Plan with Stipulations A.1-A-10, B.1-B.3, C.1 and D.1-D.5; GRANT Special Approval for a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet of gross building area in the RES-9 Future Land Use Category; for a project that was previously GRANTED Special Approval for: 1) a commercial project that exceeds 150,000 square feet in the R/O/R Future Land Use Category, and 2) a project adjacent to a Perennial Stream; and for a project that was previously GRANTED Specific Approval for alternatives to LDC Section 604.10.3.4 and 604.10.6.6.2 of the Land Development Code; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval; and GRANT Specific Approval for alternatives to Sections 604.10.3.4.a, 604.10.6.6.1 and 714.8.7 of the Land Development Code, as recommended by staff.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Creekside Commons (fka Creekside Oaks Commercial) is a shopping center development that includes a variety of retail and service commercial uses, school of special education, and medium intensity recreational uses that was approved by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on June 5th, 2008. The approval includes the following:
• The site is located at the northeast corner of the intersection of US 301 and Erie Road, and the most recent survey shows the site has 50.68 acres (the previous approval showed 51.29 acres on the site).
• The Manatee Comprehensive Plan designates the site as R/O/R (Retail/Office/Residential) (32.76 acres) and RES-9 (Residential, 19 dwelling units per acre) (17.92 acres) on the Future Land Use Map (FLUM).
• The applicant requests approval to amend the Zoning Ordinance and Preliminary Site Plan to:
• Special Approval is required to be granted by the Board of County Commissioners, through the planned development process, for a non-residential project exceeding 30,000 square feet of gross building area in the RES-9 FLUC. Special Approval was previously granted for a project that exceeds 150,000 square feet in the R/O/R FLUC, and for a project adjacent to a perennial stream.
• Specific Approval was previously granted for alternatives to LDC Sections 604.10.3.4 (Reduction of the roadway buffer along US 301 and Erie Road for the existing retail use on site (CVS), and 604.10.6.6.2 (Reduction of required building faces up to two points for the northeastern and northern side of the northernmost building) of the Land Development Code. At this time, the applicant request Specific Approval to:
• Staff supports all requested Specific Approvals. Prior Specific Approvals and Special Approvals granted by the Board are applicable except for the Specific Approval for LDC Sec. 604.10.6.6.2. This Specific Approval was previously supported by staff because the applicant agreed to provide the loop road, which is being deleted with this revision.
• The Preliminary Site Plan and the CLOS-08-055 (issued on 06/05/2008) were eligible for extensions per HB 7207 and FS 252.363, so the expiration date of both instruments will be 04/26/2016.
• Staff recommends approval subject to the recommended stipulations.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on June 30, 2014.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps - Future Land Use, Zoning and Aerial - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 08-07-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 08-07-14BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Bradenton Herald - Creekside Commons - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 8-7-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Sarasota Herald Tribune - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 8-7-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Special Approval Request - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 08-07-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) 08-07-14 BC.pdf
Attachment: Public Comment - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 08-07-2014 BC.pdf
Attachment: Site Plan - Creekside Commons Revised - PDC-04-38(P)(R) - 08-07-14 BC.pdf