|Manatee County Government Administrative Building 1112 Manatee Avenue West, First Floor Chambers August 6, 2015 - 9:00 am|
Agenda Item #8
PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - Manatee County - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant (County Initiated) - DTS20150055 - Quasi-Judicial - Margaret Tusing
Briefing Provided Upon Request
Contact and/or Presenter Information
Margaret Tusing, Principal Planner
941-748-4501 ext. 6828
Bobbi Roy, Planning Coordinator
941-748-4501 ext. 6878
Based upon the staff report, evidence presented, comments made at the Public Hearing, the action of the Planning Commission, and finding the request to be CONSISTENT with the Manatee County Comprehensive Plan and the Manatee County Land Development Code, as conditioned herein, I move to ADOPT Manatee County Zoning Ordinance No. PDPI-15-06(Z)(G); APPROVE the General Development Plan with Stipulation A-1; for a project that was previously granted Special Approval for a project in the Lake Manatee Watershed Overlay; ADOPT the Findings for Specific Approval to LDC Sections 531.52.D.3 (Standards for Utility Uses) and 701 (Landscape and Screening Standards); as recommended by the Planning Commission.
Manatee County Comprehensive Plan
Manatee County Land Development Code
• Phillip Locke, P.E., McKim & Creed, agent for the owner, is requesting approval of a rezoning of a 4.52 acre parcel from A (General Agriculture – 1 dwelling unit per 5 acres) to PDPI (Planned Development Public Interest) and approval of a General Development Plan for the 137 acre Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant.
• The General Development Plan is for the entire Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant facility and includes the following improvements over a 15-year period:
• Biological filter building, plant drain pump station, and backwash pond/tank;
• Chemical feed building and neutralization tank
• Sludge pond, drying bed, ground storage tank or maintenance facility, pump station, and ground water treatment expansion.
• The proposed improvement are to enhance the quality of the potable water delivered to Manatee County customers. The proposed improvements will not increase plant capacity or staffing requirements.
• Specific Approval - LDC Section 531.54.D.3 Standards for Utility Uses and LDC Section 701 Landscaping and Screening Standards. The justifications for these Specific Approvals include:
• Security of the water treatment plant
• Conflicts with existing underground utility lines
• Existing buffers to adjacent properties. Staff has reviewed the requests for Specific Approval and recommends the requests.
• The project currently provides 83% open space (128.5± acres); the minimum established open space is 30%.
• The Floor Area Ratio (FAR) for the project is 0.063 which is an appropriate FAR for the area.
• On June 11, 2015, by a vote of 6 – 0, the Planning Commission recommended approval.
County Attorney Review
Other (Requires explanation in field below)
Explanation of Other
Sarah Schenk reviewed and responded by email on April 30, 2015.
Instructions to Board Records
Please forward a copy of the executed document and letter from the Florida Department of State to email@example.com
Cost and Funds Source Account Number and Name
Amount and Frequency of Recurring Costs
Attachment: Maps Future Land Use, Zoning, Aerial- Manatee County Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant- PDPI-15-06(Z)(G)- 8-6--15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Staff Report - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Copy of Newspaper Advertising - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - Sarasota Herald - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Specific Approval Response Letter - Lake Manatee Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Zoning Disclosure Affidavit- Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) BC.pdf
Attachment: General Development Plan - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - 8-6-15 BC.pdf
Attachment: Ordinance Lake Manatee. Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G).pdf
Attachment: Revised Affidavit of Mailed Notice - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06.pdf
Attachment: Affidavit of Posting and Mailing - Lake Manatee Water Treatment Plant - PDPI-15-06(Z)(G) - 20150055.pdf